News

  • Photo of Enugu state is like a retirement home for crazy homosexuals, no one is sane in that place- Gay activist, Bisi Alimi

    Enugu state is like a retirement home for crazy homosexuals, no one is sane in that place- Gay activist, Bisi Alimi

    Nigerian LGBTQ+ rights activist Bisi Alimi has controversially claimed that Enugu State has become a haven for “unhinged” homosexuals. In an Instagram story, Bisi cautioned Nigerian gay individuals to steer clear if they encounter any gay men from Enugu, asserting that “no one is sane” in the state.

    Read More »
  • Photo of You are a product of Fela’s recklessness with women – Aisha Yesufu replies Seun Kuti for telling her to liberate herself from her Hijab

    You are a product of Fela’s recklessness with women – Aisha Yesufu replies Seun Kuti for telling her to liberate herself from her Hijab

    Aisha Yesufu, the convener of the Bring Back Our Girls Movement, has described renowned Nigerian musician Seun Kuti as a reflection of Fela’s rebellious influence. She made this statement in response to Seun’s recent comments on her advocacy for women’s rights in Nigeria “Seun had previously criticized Yesufu’s stance on women’s freedom, remarking, “liberate yourself from your Hijab first.” Seun Kuti wants to trend with my name as his karaoke business no make him blow alongside those wey dey do music. “I don’t blame him! If only his father had discipline over his loin we wouldn’t be dealing with the…

    Read More »
  • Photo of President Tinubu is destined to fix Nigeria and I will fight alongside him – Former Minister, Uju Kennedy

    President Tinubu is destined to fix Nigeria and I will fight alongside him – Former Minister, Uju Kennedy

    Former Minister of Women Affairs, Uju Kennedy Ohanenye, has expressed her determination to “stand alongside” President Bola Tinubu in efforts to rebuild Nigeria, despite being relieved of her ministerial position earlier in the week. In a post on her X account on Saturday, she reaffirmed her commitment to Tinubu’s ‘Renewed Hope Agenda’ and urged Nigerians to stay hopeful and optimistic. She wrote, “This is a test of time, a highly spiritual movement that no human being can stop. “President Bola Ahmed Tinubu is destined to fix Nigeria and I, Barr Uju Kennedy will fight alongside him to the last. “Let’s…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Bring back knowledgeable people like Osinbajo, others not those who say “ranka dede” – Bala Mohammed tells President Tinubu

    Bring back knowledgeable people like Osinbajo, others not those who say “ranka dede” – Bala Mohammed tells President Tinubu

    The Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Governors Forum, Governor Bala Mohammed of Bauchi State, urged President Bola Tinubu to form a skilled team, similar to the one he assembled as Lagos State governor, which included figures like former Vice President Yemi Osinbajo and ex-Minister Kayode Fayemi. Mohammed criticized Tinubu for neglecting advice on policies impacting Nigerians and expressed disappointment, stating he had expected Tinubu to drive positive change in Nigeria. He said: “I had high hopes that when he becomes president he will bring the same magic he brought to Lagos. But I was mistaken. “When I said…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Fire guts Lagos Blue Line rail track

    Fire guts Lagos Blue Line rail track

    A portion of the Lagos State Blue Line rail track was damaged by fire on Saturday. The incident took place near NEPA Station by Ejo Bridge, heading towards Apogbon. Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Gboyega Akosile, confirmed that no casualties were reported. Posting on X, Akosile wrote: “There was a fire outbreak on a small section of the Lagos Blue Line track at a spot opposite NEPA Station by Eko Bridge inward Apogbon. “The incident occurred at 4:12 pm. No casualty is reported and no train service at the time of the incident. “A team of…

    Read More »
  • Photo of I felt like the world was against me when I lost election in 2015 – Former President, Goodluck Jonathan

    I felt like the world was against me when I lost election in 2015 – Former President, Goodluck Jonathan

    Former Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan shared his emotional experience following his defeat in the 2015 election. He spoke at the inaugural Raymond Dokpesi Annual Diamond Lecture in Abuja on Friday, October 25. Organized by Daar Communications and the Nigerian Institute of Public Relations, the event honored the late media mogul Raymond Dokpesi, who passed away in May 2023. “It is not easy to lose an election as a president. You will think the whole world is against you,” he remarked. In the 2015 election, he sought a second term on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) but was…

    Read More »
  • Photo of I would have gotten third term presidency if I wanted, Govs were interested – Obasanjo

    I would have gotten third term presidency if I wanted, Govs were interested – Obasanjo

    Former President Olusegun Obasanjo stated that he could have secured a third term in office if he had wanted one, but he chose not to pursue it. In an interview with News Central TV on Thursday, Obasanjo explained that his decision was based on a lack of desire for a third term. He also mentioned that some former governors in his administration were interested in extending their own terms and were waiting for him to take the lead before advancing their ambitions. According to Obasanjo: “If I had wanted a third term, I would have gotten it. I didn’t want…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Igbos want fairness and equity. Treat us as you are treating everybody else – Abaribe

    Igbos want fairness and equity. Treat us as you are treating everybody else – Abaribe

    Former Senate Minority Leader, Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe, stated that the Igbos have long sought fair treatment and equality, similar to that given to other regions in the country. Abaribe made this remark during an interview on Arise TV on Thursday night, October 24. He expressed that the Tinubu administration has shown unfairness toward the South East by appointing only five individuals from the region to his cabinet, while selecting up to ten from other regions. He said; “Sometimes when I discuss with my friends in this administration, they ask me You Igbos, what do you want?’. I want to tell…

    Read More »
  • Photo of If you want trouble you will get it – Falz tells Verydarkman after he refused to apologize for defaming the singer and his father

    If you want trouble you will get it – Falz tells Verydarkman after he refused to apologize for defaming the singer and his father

    Nigerian singer and activist Folarin Falana, known as Falz, has warned social media critic VeryDarkMan that he will face consequences for his actions. This comes amid a legal battle between the two, sparked by a leaked audio recording of crossdresser Bobrisky alleging that Falz and his father, human rights lawyer Femi Falana, contacted him about a N10 million presidential pardon during Bobrisky’s jail term for naira abuse. The leaked audio, shared by VeryDarkMan, caused significant public reaction. In response, Falz clarified in a lawsuit that Bobrisky had actually reached out to him for financial help. During an interview on the…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Matawalle was not sacked because allegations of him being involved in banditry have been proven to be untrue – Bayo Onanuga

    Matawalle was not sacked because allegations of him being involved in banditry have been proven to be untrue – Bayo Onanuga

    Bayo Onanuga, Special Adviser on Information and Strategy to President Bola Tinubu, has stated that allegations linking the Minister of Defence, Bello Matawalle, to banditry in the North-West have been investigated and proven false. Matawalle, the immediate past governor of Zamfara State, had been accused of involvement in bandit activities by his successor, Dauda Lawal. However, in an interview with Arise TV on Wednesday, October 23, Onanuga explained that Matawalle was not dismissed because the office of the National Security Adviser (NSA) thoroughly investigated the claims and found them baseless. “As far as I know, most of those things are…

    Read More »
  • Photo of “Be a man” is a statement masked in silencing men, ignoring their happiness and a trigger for tox!city – Reality TV star, Leo DaSilva

    “Be a man” is a statement masked in silencing men, ignoring their happiness and a trigger for tox!city – Reality TV star, Leo DaSilva

    BBNaija star Leo DaSilva has stated that the phrase “Be a man” is often used to silence men, disregard their happiness, and promote toxic behavior. He stressed that it is okay for men also to prioritize their mental health and general well-being He shared this in a post on X. See his post below;

    Read More »
  • Photo of ‘Is South-East still part of Nigeria’ – Kanayo questions FG over military presence

    ‘Is South-East still part of Nigeria’ – Kanayo questions FG over military presence

    Veteran Nollywood actor Kanayo O. Kanayo has called out the Nigerian government over the heavy military and police presence in the South-Eastern region of the country. In a video posted on his Instagram page on Wednesday, Kanayo expressed his concerns, drawing attention to the mistreatment and humiliation endured by travelers in the area. He questioned why the South is heavily policed with checkpoints at every 200 kilometres. ”While comparing the region with his experience from Ibadan to Lagos, the actor said, “I left the Felele Olorunsogo area of Ibadan at 7:15 this morning and I am in Lagos state at…

    Read More »
Back to top button
Close

Adblock Detected

Disable Your Browser Adblocker For better Experince