News

  • Photo of Five feared de@d as b@ndits attack National Park in Oyo

    Five feared de@d as b@ndits attack National Park in Oyo

    Tragedy struck in Oyo State on Tuesday night, January 6, as suspected bandits launched a violent assault on the National Park Service (NPS) facility in Oloka, Orire Local Government Area. The attack has left five persons feared dead and several others injured, sending shockwaves through the local community and the security apparatus. The assailants reportedly stormed the facility at approximately 9:00 PM, catching the personnel completely unawares. In the chaos that followed, multiple officers were caught in the crossfire, leading to a scramble for safety as the gunmen targeted those stationed at the park. Confirming the grim details of the…

    Read More »
  • Photo of PDP Chairman Says Party Will Hold Strategic Meeting With Atiku, Peter Obi, Other Powerbrokers

    PDP Chairman Says Party Will Hold Strategic Meeting With Atiku, Peter Obi, Other Powerbrokers

    The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has officially launched a high-level outreach campaign to reconcile with former heavyweights, including Peter Obi and Atiku Abubakar. This strategic move is part of a broader effort to rebuild the nation’s main opposition platform and consolidate power ahead of the 2027 general elections. Emmanuel Ogidi, the PDP Chairman in the South-South, revealed on Wednesday that the party is currently “doing the rounds” to engage with influential national figures. He noted that the leadership has already held consultations with former presidents Olusegun Obasanjo and Ibrahim Babangida to signal that the party remains a vital force in…

    Read More »
  • Photo of 2027: I won’t Dump Labour Party As Obi Did – Datti Baba-Ahmed 

    2027: I won’t Dump Labour Party As Obi Did – Datti Baba-Ahmed 

    As the 2027 general elections begin to loom on the horizon, Senator Datti Baba-Ahmed has made a definitive stand regarding his political future and party allegiance. The former vice presidential candidate officially pledged his unwavering loyalty to the Labour Party this week, the same platform that propelled him into the national spotlight during the 2023 polls. At 56, Baba-Ahmed remains a significant figure in the Nigerian political landscape after serving as the running mate to Peter Obi in the previous cycle. While that campaign ultimately saw them lose to the All Progressives Congress and President Bola Tinubu, Baba-Ahmed appears ready…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Trump says Venezuela ‘turning over’ up to 50m barrels of oil to US

    Trump says Venezuela ‘turning over’ up to 50m barrels of oil to US

    In a significant move following the capture of Nicolás Maduro, US President Donald Trump announced on Tuesday, January 6, 2026, that Venezuela’s newly installed interim authorities will transfer between 30 million and 50 million barrels of high-quality oil to the United States.   In a post on Truth Social, the President clarified that the oil will be sold at its current market price—estimated to be worth between $1.65 billion and $2.85 billion—and that the resulting revenue will be kept under strict American oversight. “That money will be controlled by me, as President of the United States of America,” Trump wrote, asserting…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Abducted Edo twins freed after ransom payment — Family faults police on rescue claims

    Abducted Edo twins freed after ransom payment — Family faults police on rescue claims

    The family of two 16-year-old twins, Emmanuel and Emmanuella, has publicly challenged the Edo State Police Command’s claim that they were “rescued” from kidnappers in the Etsako East Local Government Area. Okhale Ilabeshi, the brother of the twins’ late father, clarified in an interview on Tuesday, January 6, 2026, that the teenagers were only released after a significant ransom was paid. This contradiction comes after the police spokesperson, ASP Eno Ikoedem, had previously told reporters that a joint security team had successfully rescued the victims unharmed.   The tragic incident began on December 11, 2025, when gunmen invaded the family home…

    Read More »
  • Photo of ADC Presidential Ticket: No one is stepping down  —  Atiku

    ADC Presidential Ticket: No one is stepping down  —  Atiku

    In a firm response to calls for a consolidated ticket, former Vice President Alhaji Atiku Abubakar has dismissed the idea of any presidential aspirant stepping down within the African Democratic Congress (ADC) coalition. Through a statement issued by his media aide, Paul Ibe, on Tuesday, January 6, 2026, Atiku rejected the notion that he or any other contender should withdraw to favor Peter Obi. This stance follows recent public comments from Obi’s allies, including Prof. Pat Utomi and Aisha Yesufu, who have reportedly pushed for Obi to lead the ticket rather than serve as a vice-presidential candidate. Atiku characterized the…

    Read More »
  • Photo of If Tinubu continues for another four years, Nigeria will improve — Ex-lawmaker

    If Tinubu continues for another four years, Nigeria will improve — Ex-lawmaker

    Senator Chris Adighije, a former lawmaker and key stakeholder in the All Progressives Congress (APC), has voiced strong support for President Bola Tinubu’s administration. Speaking in Umuahia, he asserted that a second term for Tinubu would guarantee a better future for Nigeria. He noted that the President’s current policies are already yielding results, specifically citing a perceived downward trend in the prices of food and fuel across the country. During the event, Adighije was officially appointed as the Patron of the Ikwuano/Umuahia Initiative, a group dedicated to mobilizing grassroots support for the ruling party. He urged the people of Ikwuano…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Osimhen-Lookman Row: NFF dismisses ruckus in Nigeria camp

    Osimhen-Lookman Row: NFF dismisses ruckus in Nigeria camp

    The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has moved to dismiss reports of internal unrest within the Super Eagles camp following an on-field confrontation between star forwards Victor Osimhen and Ademola Lookman. In an official statement released by Team Administrator Dayo Enebi Achor, the federation addressed the “dark innuendoes” of a rift that emerged following Nigeria’s 4–0 victory over Mozambique on Monday night—a result that secured the team’s place in the quarter-finals of the 35th AFCON in Morocco. The NFF clarified that the tense exchange, which occurred just before a corner kick, was a momentary passion that has since been fully settled…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Court Grants ₦500m Bail To Former Attorney General Malami, Wife, Son

    Court Grants ₦500m Bail To Former Attorney General Malami, Wife, Son

    Justice Emeka Nwite of the Federal High Court in Abuja has officially granted bail to the former Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, in the sum of ₦500 million. Malami, who is currently facing a 16-count money laundering charge brought by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), was granted bail on Wednesday, January 7, 2026, alongside his son, Abdulaziz Malami (a Senior Advocate of Nigeria), and one of his wives, Bashir Asabe. The court extended the same ₦500 million bail condition to each defendant, requiring two sureties per person in the same amount.   The…

    Read More »
  • Photo of BREAKING: Turaki-led PDP faction in closed-door meeting with Goodluck Jonathan

    BREAKING: Turaki-led PDP faction in closed-door meeting with Goodluck Jonathan

    The National Working Committee (NWC) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), led by Tanimu Turaki, SAN, on Tuesday held a closed-door meeting with former President Goodluck Jonathan in Abuja. Turaki arrived at Jonathan’s Maitama office around 5:45 p.m., accompanied by members of the NWC and a few selected state chairmen, travelling in a convoy of six SUVs. The meeting comes amid internal tensions within the PDP, particularly in Rivers State, where the Tanimu Turaki-led faction recently collapsed its structure into the Aaron Chukwuemeka-led group, pledging loyalty to Nyesom Wike. The development also follows the decision of the Independent National Electoral…

    Read More »
  • Photo of I will Oppose Peter Obi If He Breaks One-Term Promise – Aisha Yesufu

    I will Oppose Peter Obi If He Breaks One-Term Promise – Aisha Yesufu

    Prominent activist and Peter Obi ally, Aisha Yesufu, has said she would withdraw her support and openly oppose the former Anambra State governor if he goes back on his promise to serve only one term as president. Speaking in an interview with Trust TV, Yesufu said Obi’s one-term pledge is binding and must be honoured if he is elected in 2027. She stressed that keeping one’s word is non-negotiable for her. Peter Obi had publicly committed in 2025 to serving a single four-year term, describing the promise as “sacrosanct” and rooted in accountable, purposeful leadership. Yesufu revealed that she personally…

    Read More »
  • Photo of “I Married the Man Who Trained Me” — Nigerian Lawyer Pledges Lifelong Loyalty to Husband

    “I Married the Man Who Trained Me” — Nigerian Lawyer Pledges Lifelong Loyalty to Husband

    A Nigerian lawyer, Stella Nnennaya, has publicly expressed her unwavering loyalty to her husband, describing him as the man who trained, supported, and believed in her throughout her academic journey. In an emotional statement, Nnennaya said she is proud to have married the same man who mentored her in school and invested in her growth, vowing to remain faithful to him through all circumstances. “I am proud to say this with my full chest. I married the man who trained me in school, the man who believed in me, invested in me, and stood by my journey,” she said.

    Read More »
Back to top button
Close

Adblock Detected

Disable Your Browser Adblocker For better Experince