• Photo of Seven arrested for invading Senator Teslim Folarin’s home where brand new motorcycles were stolen

    Seven arrested for invading Senator Teslim Folarin’s home where brand new motorcycles were stolen

    Seven people have been arrested in connection with the invasion of Senator Teslim Folarin’s home in Oluyole area of Ibadan, Oyo state’s capital.  It was reported earlier that some hoodlums invaded the Senator’s home and carted away brand new motorcycles.  Serving an update, the lawmaker’s elder brother Yinka Folarin told newsmen that the suspects were arrested at the residence of the lawmaker by the Oyo State joint security task force ‘Operation Burst’. He further revealed that…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Alpha Conde wins third term in office in controversial Guinean presidential election

    Alpha Conde wins third term in office in controversial Guinean presidential election

    President  Alpha Conde has secured a third term in office by winning Guinea’s controversial presidential election with 59.5 percent of the vote.  The electoral authority president Kabinet Cisse said Conde’s main opponent Cellou Dalein Diallo polled 33.5 percent of the vote. The announcement on Saturday October 24, came after days of deadly violence in the wake of the October 18 vote. While the opposition said 27 people have been killed, officials have put the death toll at about 10. Doubting…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Osun Government declares 24-hour curfew indefinitely

    Osun Government declares 24-hour curfew indefinitely

    Governor Gboyega Oyetola has declared a 24-hour curfew on all parts of Osun state.  The state Governor who made the announcement in a state-wide broadcast on Saturday October 24, said the decision was taken to forestall any further breakdown of law and order and protect the lives and property of citizens and residents. Oyetola added that the curfew will be indefinite to prevent the current state of anarchy from degenerating into a large-scale breakdown of law and…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Enough is enough! IGP blows hot, asks AIGs, CPs, SPU commanders to immediately restore order nationwide

    Enough is enough! IGP blows hot, asks AIGs, CPs, SPU commanders to immediately restore order nationwide

    The Inspector-General of Police, IGP Muhammed Adamu, NPM, on Saturday October 24, ordered the immediate mobilization of all police operational assets and resources to bring an end to the wanton violence, killings, looting and destruction of public and private property, and reclaim the public space from criminal elements masquerading as protesters in some parts of the country. The IGP gave the order to all Assistant Inspectors General of Police (AIGs), Commissioners of Police (CPs), Heads…

    Read More »
  • Photo of #EndSARS: Hoodlums vandalize Senator Gershom Bassey’s family house in Calabar (Photo)

    #EndSARS: Hoodlums vandalize Senator Gershom Bassey’s family house in Calabar (Photo)

    Senator Gershom Bassey’s resident has been vandalized and looted by hoodlums rampaging the streets of Calabar. The hoodlums overpowered the security men attached to the property in spite of the 24 hour curfew declared in Cross River state. Several buildings have also been vandalized which includes the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) office along Marian Road, Cross River State Transport Regulatory Agency (CRTRA) office and banks along Mayne Avenue and 8-Miles Calabar. Federal institutions like…

    Read More »
  • Photo of EndSARS: “When political rallies turn violent, you don’t hear that thugs have hijacked the election” – Seun Kuti

    EndSARS: “When political rallies turn violent, you don’t hear that thugs have hijacked the election” – Seun Kuti

    Nigerian musician, Seun Kuti has slammed politicians for saying the EndSARS protests were hijacked by Thugs. Speaking to Arise TV, he expressed that when election rallies turn violent, thugs are not blamed adding that some rich people associate themselves with violence and still get hailed by some other citizens. “When political rallies turn violent, you don’t hear that thugs have hijacked the election. Rich Nigerians express themselves with violence all the time but we still…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Lekki Toll Plaza should be renamed and made toll free – Alex Ekubo

    Lekki Toll Plaza should be renamed and made toll free – Alex Ekubo

    Nollywood Actor, Alex Ekubo has suggested that the famous Lekki toll gate be renamed in memory of protesters who lost their lives during the protest. In a tweet he shared, he said the toll gate should be renamed Lekki memorial way and be made toll free. He wrote; Lekki Toll Plaza, should be renamed Lekki Memorial Way… & be made Toll Free… in Honor of our fallen comrades…

    Read More »
  • Photo of TVC back on air four days after mob attack

    TVC back on air four days after mob attack

    Television Continental popularly known as TVC News is back on air after it was attacked by suspected hoodlums on Wednesday morning. The hoodlums had attacked the TV station a few hours after #EndSARS protesters were killed at the Lekki Toll Gate by soldiers on Tuesday night. Workers of the TV station were rescued by Men of the Police Rapid Response Squad who were in the compound to offer protection. There were speculations that the TV…

    Read More »
  • Photo of “Canadian Passport secured” – Nigerian man says as he flaunts Canadian lover

    “Canadian Passport secured” – Nigerian man says as he flaunts Canadian lover

    A Nigerian man has taken to social media to flaunt his Canadian lover amid violence and protest in the country. The man, simply identified as Bimbo, expressed that he is happy to be with his Canadian Lover as he took to twitter to share a video of himself and his older lover at a time some Nigerians are making plans to travel abroad considering the situation of things in the country. In the video shared…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Lagos Government to support business owners whose stores were vandalised

    Lagos Government to support business owners whose stores were vandalised

    The Lagos state government has showed willingness to assist those whose stores were vandalised by hoodlums during the crisis that erupted the state on Tuesday, October 20. In a tweet shared by the deputy Governor of Lagos state, Obafemi Hamzat he shared a link to a form that the store owners are expected to fill. “If you are a Lagos based business and your store got looted/vandalized this week, please fill this form by @LSETFhttps://t.co/lwPiXvFzTp.…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Angry Mob burn Nnamdi Azikiwe’s statue in Anambra

    Angry Mob burn Nnamdi Azikiwe’s statue in Anambra

    An angry mob in Anambra state has set the statue of late Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe, on fire in Onitsha. The statue was at Denis Memorial Grammar School Roundabout, Awka Avenue, Onitsha, known as Zik Roundabout. While the mob were on a rampage, they doused the statue with petrol before setting it on fire. As they burnt the statue, the mob were shouting; “You put us in this mess by championing one Nigeria,” “You are the…

    Read More »
  • Photo of “Whoever Carted Away The Staff Of The Oba Of Lagos And His Shoe Should Please Respect The Throne And Return It” – Shehu Sani

    “Whoever Carted Away The Staff Of The Oba Of Lagos And His Shoe Should Please Respect The Throne And Return It” – Shehu Sani

    Former Kaduna Lawmaker, Shehu Sani is pleading with hoodlums who vandalised Oba of Lagos’ palace and carted away his personal belongings to return his staff of office and his shoes. Hoodlums had raided the Oba’s palace on Wednesday, October 21, and made away with his staff of office after gunshots were fired at #EndSARS protesters at the Lekki tollgate on Tuesday, October 20. Reacting to the raid, Shehu Sani pleaded with whoever carted away with…

    Read More »
Back to top button
Close

Adblock Detected

Disable Your Browser Adblocker For better Experince