News
-

Men are going through a lot too – Actress, Omoni Oboli warns against gender based violence
Nollywood Actress, Omoni Oboli has warned against domestic violence in homes. The actress who didn’t make reference to any specific event expressed that men are going through a lot too. She shared this in a post via her instastory as she referred to some women as witches
Read More » -

There is no Nigerian alive that has the national and international credibility that GEJ has – Omokri
Former Presidential aide, Reno Omokri has described his former principal, Goodluck Jonathan as a man of unmatched credibility. He said this reacting to the purchase of the N100 million nomination and expression of interest forms of the All Progressives Congress, APC, for his former boss, by the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders’ Association of Nigeria, MACBAN. Omokri in a tweet he shared said he refused to talk about the development earlier because he wanted Jonathan’s enemies to dance deliriously at the thought that his former principal had been demystified. “Jonathan has nothing to do with the reported purchase of some forms.…
Read More » -

Nomination form: Goodluck Jonathan meets with APC Chairman, Adamu
Former President Goodluck Jonathan last night had a closed-door meeting with the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress APC, Abdullahi Adamu. This is coming after a Northern group purchased the APC nomination forms for Jonathan. The meeting lasted for an hour, specifically between 9pm and 10pm. The former president had in a statement released by his aide, Ikechukwu Eze, distanced himself from the group and stated that he never authorized the purchase of the nomination forms
Read More » -

Brazil Vs Argentina to replay World Cup qualifier after FIFA ruling
The FIFA Appeal Committee ruled on Monday that the abandoned World Cup qualifier between Brazil and Argentina must be replayed after considering the appeals filed by the countries’ football associations. The qualifier in September was suspended just minutes after kickoff when Brazilian health officials invaded the pitch to stop Argentina’s England-based players from playing, saying they had breached the country’s COVID-19 quarantine rules. Both teams have already qualified for the World Cup in Qatar later this year, with Brazil topping the South American standings and Argentina finishing second. But football’s governing body FIFA had ruled in February that the match must be replayed. “After analysing the…
Read More » -

Senior Lawyer, Robert Clarke, seeks extension of President Buhari’s tenure
Elder statesman, Chief Robert Clarke, has called for the extension of President Buhari’s tenure. DailyTrust reports that the Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), made the call when he appeared on AriseTV. Clarke argued that the months preceding the 2023 elections are not sufficient to put an end to the insecurity, making the conduct of an election possible. The elder statesman maintained that the constitution provides that the President can extend his tenure by six months, in the first instance, if he feels that conditions are not favorable to conduct any election. “The Constitution provides that the President can stay longer than…
Read More » -

Trump wanted to shut down all U.S embassies in Africa – Former US Defense Secretary, Mark Esper says
Former US president, Donald Trump wanted to shut down all American embassies in Africa, former US defence secretary, Mark Esper has claimed in his new book. In excerpts of Esper’s memoir, A Sacred Oath: Memoirs of a Secretary of Defense During Extraordinary Times, published on Monday, May 9, the former Pentagon chief details a number of ‘outlandish’ proposals his old boss was prepared to undertake, including pulling the US military out of South Korea, withdrawing diplomatic personnel from Africa, and eagerness to meet with the Taliban, which the ex-president believed would ‘cast him as an extraordinary diplomat and businessman. The…
Read More » -

Nigerians react as Peter Obi says his son is almost 30 but doesn’t have a car (video)
Nigerians have taken to Twitter to react after presidential aspirant, Peter Obi, mentioned that his son is almost 30 and has no car of his own. The former Anambra state governor explained that his son has to buy his own car and not rely on him. “I have a son that is going to be 29, 30 soon. He doesn’t own a car, because he has to buy his own car,” the presidential aspirant said. He also explained that his daughter got married weeks ago and people were expecting him to invite influential people but he didn’t, because he didn’t…
Read More » -

I NEVER authorized the purchase of APC Presidential forms by any group – Goodluck Jonathan
Former President, Goodluck Jonathan has denied authorising the purchase of presidential forms for him. A Northern group on Monday, May 9, purchased the form for Jonathan, insisting he must run for president in 2023. According to the group, Jonathan is the only Nigerian leader who has taken interest in Almajiris as he built schools for them during his tenure. In a statement signed by his media aide, Ikechukwu Eze, the former President said he was not aware and did not authorise any group to purchase the form. The statement reads; “It has come to our notice that a group has purportedly purchased Presidential…
Read More » -

Her blood will seek vengeance against all of us…killing a woman is sacrilege in Igboland – Osita Chidoka calls on Igbos to speak up after watching video of Military couple killed in Imo
Former Aviation Minister, Osita Chidoka, has called on all Igbos to speak up against the wanton killings recorded in different parts of the South East. Chidoka made the call after watching the video of the gruesome murder of the military couple beheaded by unknown gunmen in Imo state. In his post shared on his Facebook page, Osita stated that the blood of the woman who is also an Igbo woman will cry for justice from everyone. Read his post below… ”I am distraught. I finally saw the alleged video of the killing of the Army couple. Sacrilege. Desecration of Igboland.If…
Read More » -

My number one priority is to unify the people of this country – Atiku
Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has expressed that his number one priority when he becomes President is to unify the country He promised to give every part of the country a sense of belonging. The PDP presidential hopeful spoke on Sunday night in Akure during a consultation meeting with delegates and leaders of the party.He stated that he will recruit more men and women into the nation’s security agencies as part of efforts at fighting insecurity in the country if elected as president. “My number one priority is to unify the people of this country. How do I unify the…
Read More » -

Breaking: Northern group purchases APC nomination form for Goodluck Jonathan
A coalition of Northern groups have purchased the N100m All Progressives Congress, APC expression of interest and Nomination form for Former President Goodluck Jonathan to contest for president in the forthcoming elections This is coming following speculations that the Former President will be contesting in the 2023 Elections.
Read More » -

Court declines Emefiele’s request to restrain INEC, AGF from stopping his presidential aspiration
A Federal High Court in Abuja led by Justice Mohammed has declined the request by Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Governor Godwin Emefiele to restrain the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and the Attorney General of the Federation (AGF) from taking any steps to prevent him from participating in the APC presidential primaries this month. In a suit marked: FHC/ABJ/CS/610/2022 and filed by his lawyer, Mike Ozekhome, Emefiele challenged the legality of Section 84(12) of the amended Electoral Act to prevent him from contesting in the next presidential election. In the suit filed this morning, Ozekhome (SAN) moved that in…
Read More »