News
-

I cannot compete with Wike and Atiku financially but I have my strategy – Dele Momodu
Journalist and businessman, Dele Momodu has expressed that though he does not have the financial capacity to compete with Rivers state Governor, Nyesom Wike and Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, he has the strategy to defeat them Momodu who is one of the presidential hopefuls of the opposition party made this known in an interview on Channels Television. According to him, he has been speaking to young people and has successfully garnered 66,000 Nigerians on his database Momodu said: “I cannot compete money for money, cash for cash with Wike, or with Atiku.“But I am using what I have. I…
Read More » -

I am shocked. God had already endorsed him – Prophet Gbujie reacts to Peter Obi’s decision to dump PDP
Prophet Godfrey Gbujie of Ministerial Leader of World Zionist Union in the South-East has expressed shock over the sudden withdrawal of Mr. Peter Obi from the 2023 presidential race under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP. Obi on Wednesday, announced his resignation from the main opposition party and withdrew from the presidential race. Reacting to this, Gbujie told NAN on Thursday that he was shocked upon hearing the report. This is coming after he had declared that God revealed to him that Obi would get the PDP ticket to run for president in 2023. “I must say that…
Read More » -

Killings are plot to divide Nigeria along ethnic, religious lines – Buhari
President Muhammadu Buhari has claimed that the series of incessant killings in the country is a plot to divide it He said this condemning the killings in Katsina and Borno states. A statement by spokesman Garba Shehu said the President holds the victims in his thoughts and his prayers. The Nigerian leader, however, assured that the perpetrators would be brought to justice. The government appealed to citizens to “be at our strongest in times like this.” “Nigerians must come together, in proud defiance of those who would seek through terror and violence to divide us along religious, political or ethnic…
Read More » -

Shehu Sani loses PDP Governorship primary in Kaduna State
Former Lawmaker, Shehu Sani has lost the Governorship bid on the platform of the People’s Democratic party (PDP) in Kaduna State. The PDP primary election was conducted on Wednesday across the country.Shehu Sani in a tweet via his verified Twitter handle, congratulated the winner, Isah Ashiru, a former House of Representatives member. He wrote, “The Kaduna PDP Governorship primaries has been concluded. I lost and Honourable Isah Ashiru won.“I wish to congratulate him. Two Delegates voted for me without giving them a dime; unfortunately, I don’t know who they are, so that I can appreciate these clean votes. We look…
Read More » -

CBN debunks claim of its Governor, Godwin Emefiele being sacked
Head of corporate communications of the Central Bank, Osita Nwanisiobi has debunked claim of Governor of the Central Bank, Godwin Emefiele, being sacked. Earlier today, it was reported that the CBN governor was sacked by President Muhammadu Buhari. However reacting to this, Osita Nwanisiobi said; “As far as I am concerned, it’s a rumour, I’m not aware of any sack”
Read More » -

Stella Oduah never completed Youth Service, any certificate she has is fake – NYSC responds to senator’s claim of losing her certificate
The National Youth Service Corps has said former Minister of Aviation and Senator representing Anambra North, Stella Oduah, does not have a valid NYSC certificate. This was conveyed in a letter that served as a response to a request made by Concerned Anambra North Peoples Democratic Party Stakeholders. The group had asked the service to validate the senator’s claim of losing her NYSC certificate. An affidavit the senator attached to her CF001 forms which were submitted to the Independent National Electoral Commission in 2019, read; “I Princess Stella Adaeze Oduah, Christian, Adult , Nigeria Citizen, Politician of Umuoma Village, Akili, Ogbaru Local Government…
Read More » -

Ghanaian actor who celebrated his birthday in cemetery says ghosts are now haunting him
A Ghanaian actor and movie director who went viral when he celebrated his birthday in the cemetery has cried out as he says ghosts are now haunting him. The celebrant named Nkrumah Samuel, popularly known as Remes Kay, and his friends wore all-white attires as they celebrated in a cemetery. A high table decorated with drinks and a cake was placed between gravestones as the celebrant made merry with friends. There were no chairs provided for guests so some relaxed on gravestones during the party. Now, the celebrant has complained that his life has not been the same since the party. Speaking in an interview…
Read More » -

Soludo declares curfew in 7 Anambra LGAs
Governor Charles Soludo of Anambra State has declared a 6am to 6pm curfew in seven Local Government Areas of Anambra State. The Governor made the announcement in a statewide broadcast on Wednesday May 25, adding that the affected local governments are Aguata, Ihiala, Ekwusigo, Nnewi North, Nnewi South, Orumba North and Orumba South. The curfew which takes effect from Friday May 27, will be in force until normalcy returns to the affected areas. Soludo said; “With effect from tomorrow, Friday, 26th May, 2022, a 6pm to 6am curfew is hereby placed on motorcycles (okada), tricycles (keke), and shuttle buses in Aguata, Ihiala, Ekwusigo,…
Read More » -

‘We will work so in the end we can finally call Nigeria the four-time African champions’ – Peseiro vows to bring success to Super Eagles
New Super Eagles coach, Jose Peseiro has outlined his ambition with the team, promising to make the team successful again. The Portuguese tactician was recently confirmed the new head coach of the three-time African champions ahead of three other coaches; Ernesto Valverde, Philip Cocu and Laurent Blanc. Peseiro, 60, is expected to take charge of the Super Eagles for the first time when they take on the El Tri of Mexico in an international friendly at the AT &T Stadium, Arlington, Texas on Saturday, May 28 The Super Eagles will also play Ecuador in another friendly at the Red Bull…
Read More » -

Man whose body was cut in half by forklift begged doctors to save him even if he was just ‘a head’ (photos)
A man who was crushed by a forklift begged surgeons and his family to help keep him alive even if he was just a ‘head on a plate’. Loren Schauers, 20, from Great Falls in Montana, USA, was working in a forklift on a bridge in September 2019, but traffic forced him to get too close to the edge of the bridge, which made him plummet 50ft below and the forklift landed on him – severing his forearm and crushing his lower body. When he got to the hospital, doctors were forced to perform a hemicorperectomy on him, meaning everything…
Read More » -

BREAKING: Peter Obi pulls out of Presidential race, dumps PDP
Former Governor of Anambra State, Peter Obi has withdrawn from the People’s Democratic party (PDP) presidential race and has resigned from the party This is coming barely 72 hours before the party’s National convention
Read More » -

In as much as I would love to see him sacked, the President cannot sack a CBN Governor – Aisha Yesufu reacts to rumor of Emefiele’s sack
Co-convener of the BBOG campaign, Aisha Yesufu has reacted to claims that Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele has been sacked by President Muhammadu Buhari. Yesufu expressed that the President lacks the constitutional power to sack the Governor of the Apex bank She shared this in a tweet via her Twitter handle. According to her, though she would love the governor sacked over the alleged politicisation of his office, but the President would have to go through legislative processes before sacking the Presidential Aspirant. She wrote: “In as much as I would love @GodwinIEmefiele to be sacked for…
Read More »