News
-

Black LGBTQ legislators and activists protest outside Nigerian embassy in Washington, call for release of gay suspects arrested at same-sex wedding in Delta
Black LGBTQ legislators from the District of Columbia and Maryland, along with activists, gathered in front of the Nigerian Embassy in Northwest Washington on Tuesday, September 12th, to denounce the arrest of over 200 individuals at a same-sex wedding in Delta State that occurred last month. Law enforcement agents from the Delta State Police Command conducted a raid on a hotel in Ekpan, Warri, where a same-sex wedding was being held, and apprehended the individuals involved. “What we saw with the recent arrest and detention is not just a violation of people’s rights with this unjust arrest, but the parading…
Read More » -

Tinubu should release Nnamdi Kanu to prove Nigeria is not a lawless nation – Ejimakor
Aloy Ejimajor, the Special Counsel representing Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), has issued an appeal to President Bola Tinubu. Ejimakor has called on Tinubu to demonstrate that Nigeria operates under the rule of law by releasing Kanu. He emphasized that a nation can be considered lawless if it refuses to release Kanu, especially when both local and international communities have declared his arrest as having been conducted in a manner that violates established legal norms. Tweeting, Ejimakor wrote: “It’s only a lawless nation that would persist in detaining a man whose rendition & detention…
Read More » -

Peter Obi and Atiku cannot win at the Supreme Court, they should forget it and wait for another election. The Emilokan symbol is powerful – Primate Ayodele
Primate Elijah Ayodele, the leader of INRI Evangelical Spiritual Church, has advised Atiku Abubakar, the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), and Peter Obi of the Labour Party (LP) not to consider seeking recourse at the Supreme Court to challenge the verdict of the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal. Ayodele has strongly urged Atiku and Obi to refrain from spending their resources on pursuing an appeal at the Supreme Court. In a statement released by his media aide, Osho Oluwatosin, Ayodele characterized the duo’s intentions to approach the Supreme Court as squandering vast amounts of money, as it is likely…
Read More » -

It definitely brought us closer as a couple – Woman explains why she breastfeeds her husband
A woman who frequently breastfeeds her husband claims that this practice has strengthened their marriage. Rachel Bailey, aged 30, initiated breastfeeding her spouse, Alexander, also 30, in 2016. She initially described it as an unusual experience but now asserts that it is entirely acceptable. Rachel emphasizes that this is not a fetish or unusual interest. As a mother of three, Rachel discovered that she was producing more breast milk than required while nursing their children, prompting Alexander to offer his assistance. She recalled: “When my eldest child, Troy, now seven, was breastfeeding, I went away on a cruise with Alexander.…
Read More » -

Sit-At-Home has ended In South-East – COAS, Lagbaja
The Chief of Army Staff, Lt General Taoreed Lagbaja says the sit-at-home order in the South-East has ended. Speaking at the COAS combined second and third quarter-conference in Abuja, on September 12. He stated that through ”Operation Udoka” security has been heightened in the South East The army chief also said the activities of Boko Haram and other terrorists have been curtailed. He also said the Nigerian Army has established Special Forces units to tackle insecurity across the country. “We have equally heightened our efforts in containing criminalities perpetrated in the South East Region by the Indigenous People of Biafra…
Read More » -

I think it’s high time you pulled in this clown, heaven will not fall – Lauretta Onochie asks DSS to invite Peter Obi for questioning over a purported video of him speaking in a church
Lauretta Onochie, a former presidential aide, has urged the Department of State Security (DSS) to request the presence of Peter Obi, the presidential candidate of the Labour Party in the 2023 election, for questioning. Lauretta made this request in response to a purported video of Peter Obi addressing a religious congregation and suggesting that the church take action rather than relying solely on prayers. Peter Obi, who was declared the third-place candidate in the election, had his petition contesting President Tinubu’s victory dismissed by the Presidential Election Petition Court on Wednesday, September 6. The court ruled that his petition lacked…
Read More » -

Nigerians should not expect business as usual – Ajuri Ngelale dismisses claims Nigerians can start flying to the UAE immediately
Ajuri Ngelali, the Special Adviser to President Tinubu on media and publicity, has emphasized that the recent lifting of the visa ban on Nigerians by the United Arab Emirates (UAE) should not be interpreted as a return to normalcy, particularly regarding UAE visa applications and processing. President Tinubu’s visit to UAE President Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan on Monday, September 11, resulted in the UAE government swiftly reversing the visa ban on Nigerians. This announcement generated excitement among many Nigerians, with some already planning their trips to the UAE. During an interview with Channels TV, Ajuri highlighted that every agreement…
Read More » -

2023 election: PDP, APC, LP should be prosecuted if they rigged – Aisha Yesufu
Aisha Yesufu has called for the legal prosecution of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), the All Progressives Congress (APC), and the Labour Party (LP) if they are found to have engaged in electoral fraud during the recent general elections. Aisha Yesufu, widely recognized for her involvement in the Bring Back Our Girls (BBOG) campaign, emphasized that it is illogical for individuals to defend electoral misconduct simply because it benefits their respective political parties. Accusations and counter-accusations regarding electoral manipulation have been circulating among members of the three major political parties, namely the ruling APC, PDP, and LP, concerning their roles…
Read More » -

I know Mr President means well for Nigerians that is why I decided to work in his cabinet – Wike
The Federal Capital Territory’s Minister, Nyesom Wike, stated that his decision to become a minister was driven by his belief in President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s commitment to fulfilling promises to the Nigerian people. He expressed this during the commencement of road rehabilitation in Abuja’s Garki area on Monday. Furthermore, he emphasized that this renewed optimism was not mere rhetoric, as Tinubu genuinely empathizes with the challenges faced by Nigerians. “The FCT minister of state and I are here to assure you that Tinubu’s agenda of Renewed Hope works and to let you know that the FCT is working. “The agenda…
Read More » -

PEPT: I doubt anything will come out of Atiku and Obi’s appeal – Legal luminary, Robert Clark says
Robert Clark, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), has expressed doubt that the petitioners who have vowed to take their case to the Supreme Court will achieve any significant outcome from their appeal against the judgment handed down by the Presidential Election Petitions Court on Wednesday. The legal veteran pointed out that all the legal issues raised by the petitioners before the Tribunal had already been settled by the country’s highest court. Clark concurred with the Tribunal’s view that the petitioners did not provide sufficient evidence to substantiate their claims beyond a reasonable doubt. According to him; “My personal view…
Read More » -

Phillip Shaibu moves out of Govt House despite withdrawing suit against Obaseki
The Deputy Governor of Edo State, Phillip Shaibu, has relocated his office away from the State Government House, despite withdrawing the legal suit he had filed against Governor Godwin Obaseki. On Monday, Channels Television reported that Shaibu had moved his office out of the Edo State Government House. Previously, Shaibu had initiated an anti-impeachment lawsuit against Governor Obaseki in an Abuja High Court under reference number FHC/ABJ/CS/1027/2023, seeking to prevent any attempts to impeach him by the governor. However, in a statement personally signed by Shaibu, who had been in conflict with Obaseki, he referred to the governor as his…
Read More » -

Bola Ahmed will never be my President – Aisha Yesufu
Activist Aisha Yesufu has firmly asserted that Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the President of Nigeria, is “not her President and will never be.” During an interview with media personality Seun Okinbaloye, Aisha asserted that President Tinubu allegedly “stole” the people’s mandate and “rigged” his way to power during the February 25, 2023 Presidential election. ‘’I, Aisha Yesufu, I am saying that Bola Ahmed Tinubu, did not win the 2023 election. He rigged his way to be declared the one with the majority votes. For me, that is a political coup, a civilian coup, that’s the mandate of the people that was…
Read More »