News
-

Rape Allegations: Court Throws Out Busola Dakolo’s Case, Fines Her N1m
A Federal Capital Territory (FCT) High Court sitting in Bwari has dismissed the suit filed by photographer, Busola Dakolo, against the Senior Pastor of the Commonwealth of Zion Assembly, Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo. The court also ordered Busola to pay N1million for wasting the court’s time. According to the PUNCH, Justice Oathman Musa, in his ruling on Thursday held that the matter amounts to injustice and an abuse of judicial process adding that the case is empty and purely sentimental. Justice Musa said that the case was aimed more at cruelty than obtaining justice. The court also awarded costs of N1million…
Read More » -

Those who came to Receive Sowore are not directly concerned with the Matter – DSS
The Department of State Services has claimed that it is ready to release pro-democracy campaigner and Publisher of Sahara Reporters, Omoyele Sowore, but that those coming forward are not qualified to collect him. The agency made the claim in a statement by its spokesperson, Peter Afunaya. He also denied that its operatives opened fire on protesters on Tuesday. He said, “While all those that have so far shown up are not directly concerned with the matter and therefore unqualified, many others have either chosen to grandstand or politicise it to achieve hidden interests. “In the last few days, the Service…
Read More » -

Kogi Election Rigged by Senate and Presidency – HURIWA
Earlier today it was announced that the senate had approved the sum of 10 billion Naira to Kogi State two days to its Governorship Election. Reacting to this the Human Rights Writers Association of Nigeria has said that the governorship election in Kogi was a concluded matter, wondering why the Senate would approve such refund for projects executed on behalf of the Federal Government at a moment like this. “We absolutely condemn the Ahmed Lawan-led Senate for orchestrating the worst case of abuse of power which is what the approval of the N10bn payment to an incumbent governor of same…
Read More » -

Nigeria beat Benin In AFCON qualifier
Super Eagles of Nigeria got their 2021 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifying campaign off to a flying start with a 2 -1 triumph over Benin Republic. The match took place on Wednesday evening at the Godswill Akpabio Stadium in Uyo, capital of Akwa Ibom state.
Read More » -

Four Boys take turns to Rape Girl, abscond afterwards.
The video of four boys who took out their turns to rape a girl is currently trending on social media. While it remains unknown how the video was recorded and made public, a guy was seen narrating how evil it is for the guys to have committed the crime. They are also said to have taken to their heels after committing the crime. In the video, the lady was seen struggling with the guys as they force their ways into her.
Read More » -

Release Sowore and Apologize to the Nation – Soyinka
Wole Soyinka, Nobel Laureate, says the Department of State Services(DSS) has become unnecessarily fascistic over its refusal to obey a court order for Omoyele Sowore’s release. He also stated that the reason for their refusal is because they never thought Sowore could meet the bail conditions. Despite saying it has received an order to release the #RevolutionNow convener, the security agency has refused to release him, even though it said initially that no one had come forward to receive Sowore. Protesters besieged the DSS headquarters on Tuesday to demand Sowore’s release but were shot at by operatives of the agency.…
Read More » -

Man Machetes Brother for allegedly having an affair with his Wife
A Facebook user AbdulKareem Lukmon has taken to his page to share the story of a man who attacked his younger brother with a machete over the allegation that he was having a secret affair with his wife. According to the user, the incident reportedly happened in Abaji area of Abuja. He wrote: I don’t really know what this world is turning into. How can a rational thinking human being use cutlass to injure his younger brother….D guy on sick bed was injured by his elder brother. The elder brother alleged that his younger brother is having secret affairs with…
Read More » -

Boko Haram’s Tramadol Police Supplier Arrested
Yobe State commander of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), Reuben Apeh has announced that the agency has arrested a policeman who supplies tramadol to the Bokoharam insurgence group. This was shared yesterday while fielding questions from journalists in Damaturu. He also added that the policeman was arrested along with the drug peddler who hired him to follow the prohibited drug. His words: “He confessed hiring the policeman to convey the drugs to Maiduguri before proceeding to Gwoza to supply suspected terrorists, He claimed that the drugs were part of consignments seized by the Nigerian Customs during its operations…
Read More » -

Journalist covering the freesowore Protest attacked by DSS
The Department of State service has allegedly attacked a Journalist of the Guardian Newspaper, Richard Oludare for covering the freesowore protest. This was according to a report by Sahara Reporters.
Read More » -

Twitter User clears Mytical belief saying getting stuck during Sex is not Juju.
A lady on twitter has shared that it is not unscientific when a man gets stuck inside a woman during Sex. She challenged the narrative that says that a spell was cast on either party who is involved in the sexual activity. Discarding the claims, she pointed out that it is a rare natural occurrence for the male penis to get stuck inside the private part of a woman. See her tweets below
Read More » -

SARS planning to Implicate me – Dino Melaye
Senator Dino Melaye of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP has raised the alarm that operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad(SARS) have left Lokoja, the Kogi state capital to plant arms in his Aiyetoro home. The lawmaker, who said a few days ago that he is aware of every gang up against him, made the allegation via his Twitter handle on Tuesday. According to Melaye, he has planted cameras everywhere and anyone who tries to implicate him will be exposed. His tweet:
Read More » -

Trouble in Kogi as IG, INEC Boss and other dignitaries get teargassed.
The Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Mahmood Yakubu, National Commissioners of the INEC including other dignitaries were on Tuesday teargassed at stakeholders’ meeting/signing of peace accord among political parties and candidates in Kogi state. The event which was organised by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), with senior police officers and several armed policemen was almost brought to an end when thugs tried to prevent the governorship candidate of the Social Democratic Party (SDP), Natasha Akpoti, from entering the venue of the event. Policemen on ground in other to forestall peace,…
Read More »