News

  • Photo of “I’d prefer Wilder not to take a rematch” – Boxing Promoter

    “I’d prefer Wilder not to take a rematch” – Boxing Promoter

    Boxing promoter, Frank Warren, has told Deontay Wilder not to bother about fighting Tyson Fury again. Wilder has the contractual right to demand a third fight, but Warren now wants to see Fury take on Anthony Joshua, in a world heavyweight title unification fight. “The stumbling block is that he [Joshua] has to fight Pulev. If I was him I wouldn’t fight Pulev, I would even vacate the belts to get the fight with Tyson on. “He should not take the risk. I’d prefer him not to take the risk, I’d prefer Wilder not to take the rematch and let’s…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Sack Solskjaer or I leave – Pogba Warns Man Utd

    Sack Solskjaer or I leave – Pogba Warns Man Utd

    Manchester United midfielder, Paul Pogba, has warned the club that he will only stay, if Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is sacked as manager at the end of this season, Marca reports. The 26-year-old has been injured and has not played for the club since December 2018. Solskjaer has consistently insisted that Pogba remains a key part of his squad, despite recent injury problems adding to the speculation over his future. It is claimed that Pogba might decide to sign a contract extension if Solskjaer is sacked.

    Read More »
  • Photo of Boko Haram attacks are due to Frustration – Buhari

    Boko Haram attacks are due to Frustration – Buhari

    President Muhammadu Buhari says the attacks by Boko Haram lately are due to frustration as his government has weakened the insurgent group. He said this in reaction to an attack on Garkida in Adamawa State. Buhari, in a statement by his spokesman, Garba Shehu, condemned the attack and assured that no part of Nigeria would be abandoned. “These attacks on soft targets by the terrorists are obvious signs of frustration because my administration has significantly weakened Boko Haram’s military capability to invade and hold Nigerian territory unchallenged, he said “Our gallant forces deserve our appreciation for repelling the attackers but…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Man dies in the middle of Jumat prayer at Sokoto Mosque

    Man dies in the middle of Jumat prayer at Sokoto Mosque

    A 71-year-old man identified as Malam Ahmad Abdullahi died at Sultan Bello Mosque in Sokoto on Friday, February 21, while observing the weekly Juma’at prayers along with other worshippers. Abdullahi who had earlier gone to a nearby shop to buy a blade to shave in preparation for the Juma’at prayers prostrated to observe the second Raka’at but he never got up to continue the rite. The deceased who is survived by a wife and three children reportedly paid a condolence visit to his relatives at Filin Magaji area in Gidadawa community, few hours before his death.  Recounting her husband’s last moment, Mallama Halima who was…

    Read More »
  • Photo of North Has The Highest Population Of Illiterates – Former Governor Of Kaduna State, Mukhtar Yero

    North Has The Highest Population Of Illiterates – Former Governor Of Kaduna State, Mukhtar Yero

    Former Governor of Kaduna State, Mukhtar Yero has advised Northerners in the country to work towards reducing poverty and illiteracy in the region instead of ensuring that power remains in the region in 2023.  Speaking in an interview with The Sun, Yero stated that in spite of the north wielding the political power at the moment, it has not helped the economy of the region in any way. He also pointed out that the North has the highest number of street beggars and school dropouts.  “I realized that if the North really wants to continue to eradicate the poverty that is eating…

    Read More »
  • Photo of If Obasanjo had been in power today, the terrorists that plague our land would have been history – FFK

    If Obasanjo had been in power today, the terrorists that plague our land would have been history – FFK

    Former Aviation Minister, Femi Fani-Kayode is of the opinion that if former President ”Olusegun Obasanjo had been in power today, Boko Haram would have been history.” Sharing his opinion via his Twitter handle, FFK wrote If OBJ had been in power today the terrorists that plague our land would have been history. He was a President that loved his people & that had integrity, courage, power & strength. He would have crushed BH, ISWA & the Fulani militias & despatched them to hell long ago.

    Read More »
  • Photo of Boko Haram Will End Very Soon – Buratai Writes Soldiers

    Boko Haram Will End Very Soon – Buratai Writes Soldiers

    The Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Buratai has predicted the end of Boko Haram, which he said might come very soon.  In a letter written to the Theatre Commander of Operation Lafiya Dole Major General Olusegun Adeniyi, the COAS said the renewed zeal shown by Nigerian troops battling Boko Haram and the Islamic State for West African Province (ISWAP) in the North-east, as well as the menace of the terrorists and their criminalities reignited his hope of insurgency ending soon. He praised the commanders “for their gallantry, patriotism and commitment to the war effort by decimating the leadership and rank and file…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Kaduna Govt to appeal acquittal of 91 IMN Members

    Kaduna Govt to appeal acquittal of 91 IMN Members

    The Kaduna State government has said that it will challenge the court judgement which discharged and acquitted 91 members of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria (IMN). The judgment was delivered on Friday at a Kaduna State High Court. The Director of Public Prosecution in the State, Daris Bayero, disclosed this in reaction to the judgement. He said, “Now we have read the ruling; My Lord has discharged them (the IMN members) after a no-case submission. She discharged them and acquitted them and said we did not present any legally admissible evidence before the court.” “Now, we have looked at the…

    Read More »
  • Photo of ISWAP leaders Neutralised in Borno – NAF

    ISWAP leaders Neutralised in Borno – NAF

    The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) says it has neutralised some key leaders of the Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP) at Jubillaram and Alinwa in the Northern part of Borno, as they assembled for meetings. Air Commodore Ibikunle Daramola, NAF Director of Public Relations and Information, made the disclosure in a statement on Saturday in Abuja. He said the air strikes were carried out by the Air Task Force (ATF) of Operation Lafiya Dole, under the auspices of Operation Rattle Snake III. “The mission was executed on the heels of credible intelligence reports indicating that some key ISWAP leaders…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Don’t let Courts determine Future Elections Outcome – Yakubu tell Parties

    Don’t let Courts determine Future Elections Outcome – Yakubu tell Parties

    The Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Professor Mahmood Yakubu has urged parties to shun acts that could lead to situations where the courts would be the ones to determine the outcomes of the forthcoming elections. He said this ahead of the coming gubernatorial elections in Edo and ondo states respectively. “The end of tenure governorship elections in Edo and Ondo are holding later in the year. “Given recent experience with some governorship elections, political parties need to do more to avoid the conduct of acrimonious primaries or failure to observe due diligence in the screening of their…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Something terrible may happen in Nigeria in the next few Months- FFK

    Something terrible may happen in Nigeria in the next few Months- FFK

    Femi Fani-Kayode, former minister of aviation in a twitter post has warned against bad happenings in Nigeria in the next few months saying he has a feeling something terrible might happen in the coming months urging Nigerians to pray and ask God for mercy. He said: “I have a bad feeling and terrible foreboding about what may happen in Nigeria in the next few months. “We need to pray hard, ask God for mercy and ask Him to deliver us from what lies ahead. May He preserve the peace of our nation and may the counsel of satan not stand…

    Read More »
  • Photo of I have no Intention of joining Corona virus infected APC – Fayose

    I have no Intention of joining Corona virus infected APC – Fayose

    Former governor of Ekiti state, Peter Ayodele Fayose has stated that he has no intention of joining the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC) which he describes as Corona virus infected.’ The controversial ex-governor made the comment in reaction to a comment by the state APC that says he is not qualified to join the party.

    Read More »
Back to top button
Close

Adblock Detected

Disable Your Browser Adblocker For better Experince