News
-

I Will Never Forgive You For Disgracing My Son- Mother Of Journalist Allegedly Assaulted By Davido At The Airport Speaks (Video)
Last week, a Nigerian journalist shared a video on his IG page accusing Davido of assaulting him at the airport. The journalist alleged that he met the singer at the airport and was so excited that he tried taking a picture with him but was stopped as Davido allegedly hit him on his chest. His mum, Wunmi Praise, who is a gospel artiste, has released a video calling out Davido for allegedly attacking her son. In the video, the angry mum asked Davido to go and learn manners from other artistes. She stated she will never forgive the singer for disgracing her…
Read More » -

18-Year-Old Girl Stabs Boyfriend To Death In Ogun
An 18-year-old lady, Idowu Abosede, has been arrested by men of the Ogun state police command for stabbing her boyfriend, Aliyu Ibrahim, to death over N3,000. A statement released by the state Police command spokesperson, Abimbola Oyeyemi, said the lovers were involved in an argument when the unfortunate incident happened. Abosede was arrested following a distress call from the Serikin Hausa in Sagamu area of the state. The Divisional Police Officer in Sagamu, SP Okiki Agunbiade, was said to have detailed his detectives to the scene of the crime, where a blood-stained knife was recovered. “On interrogation, the suspect claimed that…
Read More » -

Female Undergraduate, Two Others Imprisoned For Yahoo-Yahoo
Three undergraduates identified as 22-year-old Cynthia Nwankwo Ifunanya, 27-year-old Kingsley Omenazu and 29-year-old Okorie Kosalachi Alex, have been handed a 7-year jail sentence after being arraigned before Justice I. Buba of the Federal High Court in Enugu on two separate count charges of internet fraud. The convicts were arrested at Airport View Estate Thinkers Corner, Enugu State following several calls over their increasing fraudulent activities in the area. While Alex was handed a three year jail sentence, Ifunanya and Omenazu were handed two years imprisonment. They were however given a N2 million (Two Million Naira) option of fine each. Justice Buba, further ruled that all the items recovered…
Read More » -

Algeria announces its first case of Coronavirus
There is a new case of Coronavirus in Africa following the Algerian Health Ministry announcement of a confirmed case of the deadly disease in the country. Algeria’s Minister of Health, Shamsuddin Shitor revealed that they were able to detect the flu-like virus due to the vigilance system adopted at all land, air and maritime entry points to the country. He disclosed that an Italian man who arrived the North African country on February 17 has been placed in isolation, as he urged Algerians to be careful of the information they share online. Shitor said; “One case was confirmed positive for coronavirus (COVID-19), out of two suspected cases…
Read More » -

Nigerian Army to recruit young Nigerians to fight insurgency in the North East
The Chief of Army Staff of Nigeria, Lieutenant General Tukur Yusuf Buratai, on Wednesday said the army will soon embark in recruitment of Nigerian youths into the force to enable it fight insurgency in the north east of the country. Buratai, who was represented by Brig. Gen. Emmanuel Akpan, the Director Directorate of Army Recruitment, Resettlement and Reserve, DARRR, made this known during a courtesy visit to the Governor of Ebonyi State, Chief David Umahi at the exco-Chambers Government House, Abakaliki. He noted that those from the age of 16 and above would be employed in the Nigerian Army with…
Read More » -

Police arrest Mother of two turned Kidnapper
The Niger State Police Command has arrested a 32-year-old mother of two identified as Hassan Bala of Usuba for the attempted kidnap of one Umar Sarkin Turaku of Kawo village in Kontagora Local Government Area of the state. She was arrested following a tip off by her supposed victim who reported the incident to the police before the plan was perfected. Confessing to the crime, the mother of two said; “After separating from my husband, I got a man friend who introduced me to this business, and that was how I started ruining my life because of money. I am…
Read More » -

Tinubu has all it takes to lead Nigeria – APC
The newly-elected Secretary of State Party, Lanre Ogunyemi says Asiwaju Tinubu is qualified to rule Nigeria according to them, he has all it takes to lead. Giving reasons, the party said Tinubu’s commitment, resourcefulness and pedigree put him in good stead to lead Nigeria. He said this during a press briefing in Lagos to unveil newly elected executives. “Tinubu has all it takes to lead this country and he has all the fundamental rights as a Nigerian to aspire, he said. “It’s now left for Nigerians to accept or not. It’s now left for the party to decide who they…
Read More » -

FFK blasts Ogundamisi for mockery over Metuh’s conviction.
After Olisa Metuh’s sentence to 7 years imprisonment for money laundering and other financial crimes. Journalist, Kayode ogundamisi took to Twitter to mock Femi Fani Kayode briefly. Fani – Kayode who didn’t take the taunt lightly also took to Twitter to blast the journalist. Mr Fani-Kayode, who was the Director of Publicity of ex-President Goodluck Jonathan’s presidential campaign organisation for the 2015 election, is currently standing trial for allegedly conspiring with some persons to directly and indirectly, retain the campaign funds which the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission claim they ought to have reasonably known were proceeds of crime. See…
Read More » -

EFCC still investigating Donations made to Jonathan’s Campaign
The economic and financial crimes says it is still investigating the donations made to Goodluck Jonathan’s campaign. An EFCC investigator, Shehu Shuaibu disclosed this while being cross-examined in a money laundering case before the federal high court in Lagos on Tuesday February 25. He said the donations made to the bank account of Joint Trust Dimensions Limited, who alongside Femi Fani-Kayode, former minister of aviation and an official of Jonathan’s campaign organisation; Nenadi Usman, former minister of finance; and Yusuf Danjuma are defendants in the case relating to Jonathan’s campaign, is still being investigated. The cash inflow into the company’s…
Read More » -

Police dismiss Officer involved in Remo Stars Player’s death.
The Assistant Inspector-General of Police in charge of Zone 2, Ahmed Iliyasu, has approved the dismissal of one Olaniyi Ogunsoro, an Inspector with the Abeokuta Zonal Intervention Squad of Special Anti-Robbery Squad, who was the policeman involved in the death of the Sagamu-based footballer, Kazeem Tiyamiyu, on Saturday. The Ogun State Police Command on Monday, tried Ogunsoro and found him guilty of conducts considered to be unprofessional and thereby recommended his dismissal which has since been implemented. It was gathered that Ogunsoro went to Sagamu from the Zonal Intervention Squad in Obada, Abeokuta to arrest Tiyamiyu, allegedly for wearing a…
Read More » -

Hisbah Group arrest Woman for marrying two Men
Kano State Hisbah Board has arrested one Hauwa Ali, 37 for allegedly marrying two husbands. Public Relations Officer, Alhaji Lawan Fagge, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Tuesday, that the suspect was arrested on Monday after her first husband, Bello Ibrahim, 45, who was critically ill and taken to his village for treatment, reported the case. “After waiting for some time she thought he was dead and proceeded to marry the second husband, Bala Abdulsalam”. Abdulsalam, 40 years old, who claimed to have paid a dowry of N20,000 to her after she had six children for her first…
Read More » -

Olisa Metuh’s lawyer vows to appeal court judgement sentencing his client to 7 years imprisonment
Counsel to Olisa Metuh, former National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Abel Ozoko, has vowed to appeal the judgement of a Federal High Court in Abuja which sentenced his client to seven years in prison on Tuesday over charges bordering on money laundering. Justice Okon Abang convicted Metuh on seven counts of money laundering and criminal diversion of funds to the tune of N400 million. Briefing journalists after the judgement, Metuh’s lawyer said that the judgement was a bad one and that the judge was only carrying out an experiment on his client. “The judge confessed that an issue…
Read More »