News

  • Photo of Oshiomhole appeals Judgement suspending him as APC National Chairman

    Oshiomhole appeals Judgement suspending him as APC National Chairman

    Mr Adams Oshiomhole of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has appealed the court judgement which suspended him as the national chairman of the party. He filed the suit on Wednesday, hours after a Federal Capital Territory High Court granted an order of interim injunction restraining him from parading himself as APC National Chairman. He alleged that the trial court erred in law and arrived at a wrong conclusion which occasioned a miscarriage of justice when it decided to question that his performance as APC national chairman would interfere with the party membership rights of the first to sixth respondents in…

    Read More »
  • Photo of 14 year old Nigerian Boy abducted in Canada

    14 year old Nigerian Boy abducted in Canada

    The Toronto police department has Launched a search concerning the kidnap of a 14 year old Nigerian boy, Shammah Jolayemi. Const. Michelle Flannery, spokesperson for the Toronto Police Service, said police do not know who abducted him. “There is something that had led investigators to believe this is an abduction rather than a missing boy,” Flannery said Wednesday night. According to the statement by the police, the boy was last seen in the area of Jane Street and Driftwood Avenue on Wednesday March 4th at 8:25 a.m. Jolayemi is described as about five foot eleven inches, to six feet tall,…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Catholic Priest abducted in Benue regains freedom

    Catholic Priest abducted in Benue regains freedom

    The abducted priest of the Otukpo Catholic Diocese in Benue State, Reverend Father David Echioda, on Wednesday at about 6:30am in the morning regained freedom from his captors. He was kidnapped on Sunday afternoon by unknown gunmen at Alan-Akpa road in Otukpo Local Government Area of the state while returning from Utonkon in Ado LGA where he went to conduct a special mass. The Director of Communications, Otukpo Catholic Diocese, Rev. Fr John Okopopu on Wednesday confirmed to journalists in Makurdi that the abductors of the priest released him without any ransom as the priest was not their target, they…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Court rules out Oshiomhole as APC Chairman as Police takes over his Office

    Court rules out Oshiomhole as APC Chairman as Police takes over his Office

    A Federal Capital Territory High Court has granted an order of interim injunction stopping Comrade Adams Oshiomhole from being the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC). Justice Danlami Senchi who granted the injunction on Wednesday said that political parties must be bound by their constitution and having been suspended by his ward, Comrade Oshiomhole is restrained from functioning as the National Chairman of the party pending the hearing and determination of the substantive suit. The police came less than 30 minutes after the court bailiffs served the notice of the Court on the party and went directly to…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Banknotes may spread Coronavirus – WHO Warns

    Banknotes may spread Coronavirus – WHO Warns

    The world health organization has warned that banknotes may be capable of spreading the deadly coronavirus advising that it is better to start applying contactless transactions. Also, the organization warned that where contactless transactions are not possible, sanitizers may be provided to wash the hands before handling cash. The spokesman of the health organization, Tarik Jasarevic while speaking on Monday night stated thus: “The Bank of England also recognised that banknotes “can carry bacteria or viruses” and encouraged frequent hand washing. “Last month banks in China and Korea began disinfecting and isolating used banknotes as part of efforts to stem…

    Read More »
  • Photo of US Department of State offers reward for Information that will lead to arrest of Boko Haram’s Leader, Shekau.

    US Department of State offers reward for Information that will lead to arrest of Boko Haram’s Leader, Shekau.

    The US Department of State has announced a $7 million reward to anyone that can provide credible information that will lead to the arrest of Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau. The Deparment made this known in a tweet posted some hours ago. The tweet reads: “The United States Department of State offers a #reward of up to $7 million for information leading to the arrest of #terrorist Abubakar #Shekau , leader of #Boko_Haram . #Whatsapp : +1 202 975 9195 #Telegram : @RFJ_Francais_bot

    Read More »
  • Photo of ”Something doesn’t add up in this Saga” – FFK doubts Reports of Italian Man with Coronavirus in Nigeria

    ”Something doesn’t add up in this Saga” – FFK doubts Reports of Italian Man with Coronavirus in Nigeria

    Femi Fani-Kayode, a former Minister of Aviation, has stated that the reports of the Italian man who brought the coronavirus epidemic into Nigeria does not add up. In a twitter thread, he listed the events that do not seem right to him. He wrote: ” The Italian that brought coronavirus into Nigeria has not been named & his picture has not been released to the public. The driver that was alleged to have driven him to Abeokuta said he did not do so.The passengers on the plane in which he flew into Nigeria cannot be traced. The claim that he…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Death by hanging is the punishment for Kidnapping – Police warns

    Death by hanging is the punishment for Kidnapping – Police warns

    The statement which was signed by the state’s Public Relations Officer, PPRO, SP Gambo Isah, in Katsina has sent out a warning to some members of the public who now pose as bandits to call and send messages, threatening to kill or kidnap people or their relatives for ransom saying the punishment for kidnapping under Section 243 of the Katsina State Penal Code as amended is death by hanging. “It has come to the notice of the Katsina state Police Command that some unscrupulous members of the public have devised new tactics of calling or sending messages to some unsuspecting…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Dangote pledges N200m to fight against Coronavirus

    Dangote pledges N200m to fight against Coronavirus

    Nigeria businessman and Africa’s richest man, Aliko Dangote has pledged N200m to support the government in its effort to fight against the deadly coronavirus in Nigeria. This was made known by Zouera Youssoufou, Aliko Dangote Foundation (ADF) chief executive officer on Tuesday. Nigeria recorded its first and only case of the disease through an Italian who came into the country on February 26.

    Read More »
  • Photo of Nigeria has achieved Food Security – Buhari

    Nigeria has achieved Food Security – Buhari

    President Muhammadu Buhari has stated that the country has attained food security following the closure of land borders across the country. He said this while meeting with Bashir Mamman Ifo, the outgoing president of the ECOWAS Bank for investment and development (EBID) and George Nana Donkor, his successor. “We have saved millions of dollars. We have realised that we don’t have to import rice. We have achieved food security,” NAN quoted him to have said. “We have curtailed the importation of drugs and proliferation of small arms which threaten our country.”

    Read More »
  • Photo of Imo Judgment: Shelve your Swords and support your Governor – Ohanaeze

    Imo Judgment: Shelve your Swords and support your Governor – Ohanaeze

    The apex Igbo socio-political organisation, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, has reacted to the Supreme Court’s final ruling on the application by former Imo State Governor, Emeka Ihedioha seeking a review of its earlier judgment which sacked him, asking every aggrieved to shelve their swords and support Hope Uzodinma. Ohanaeze’s Secretary-General, Barr. Uche Okwukwu in an exclusive chat with daily post described Ihedioha’s application for review of judgment as “irritating, saying the application from the onset was aimed at distracting the Imo State Governor, Hope Uzodinma from delivering the dividends of democracy to the people of the state. According to Okwukwu: “Ohanaeze Emeka…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Ihedioha vs Uzodinma: Fine Applicant who want a review N100m – Keyamo tells Supreme Court

    Ihedioha vs Uzodinma: Fine Applicant who want a review N100m – Keyamo tells Supreme Court

    Festus Keyamo, the Minister of State for Labour and Productivity has reacted to Tuesday’s Supreme Court Judgement which dismissed the applications brought by Emeka Ihedioha urging it to review its judgment in favour of incumbent Governor Hope Uzodinma of Imo State. Reacting, Keyamo urged the apex court to amend its rules saying they should fine respondents seeking a review a bank draft deposit of N100m at the time of filling application. On his Twitter page, Keyamo wrote: “Taking a cue from what I tweeted days before the Supreme Court ruled on the Review cases, it may now be appropriate for…

    Read More »
Back to top button
Close

Adblock Detected

Disable Your Browser Adblocker For better Experince