News
-

No record of how Obasanjo, Yar’adua and Jonathan spent Abacha’s $5bn loot – FG
The Federal Government has revealed that they have no records of the exact amount of public funds stolen by a former military head of state, Sani Abacha and no records of how the administrations of Olusegun Obasanjo, Umaru Musa Yar’Adua and Goodluck Jonathan spent about $5 billion of the loot recovered between 1999 and 2015. The disclosure was made after Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP) Freedom of Information (FoI) requests to Mr Abukabar Malami (SAN) Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice and Mrs Zainab Ahmed, Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning on “information on the exact amount of public funds stolen…
Read More » -

Coronavirus Is God’s Punishment On The West – Zimbabwe’s Defence Minister Mocks Affected Nations
Zimbabwe’s defence minister has called the coronavirus pandemic a “punishment” of the US and Europe for imposing sanctions against members of the ruling regime over human rights abuses. Coronavirus has infected more than 150,000 people worldwide and killed almost 6,000 since it was first detected in China last December. “Coronavirus is the work of god punishing countries who imposed sanctions on us,” said Zimbabwe’s defence minister Oppah Muchinguri on Saturday, speaking at a rally in the northern town of Chinhoyi. “They are now staying indoors. Their economies are screaming just like they did to our economy.” The United States and…
Read More » -

Government shuts down Chinese Restaurant in Lagos that does not serve Nigerians
The Nigerian government on Saturday sealed Haufei Restaurant & Mall located in highbrow Victoria Island, Lagos for what some citizens have termed racism. The owners had been reported to authorities for denying Nigerians their services. The Federal Competition & Consumer Protection Commission (FCCPC), in a Twitter post, said the staff of the restaurant confirmed that they do not sell to Nigerians as it was indeed a laid down rule by the management. A tweet by the government agency reads: “Today, FCCPC closed Haufei Restaurant & Mall 33 Aboyade Cole, VI based on credible intel & surveillance that the biz declines…
Read More » -

Don’t let them drag you into partisan Politics – Shehu Sani tells Sanusi
Former lawmaker, Senator Shehu Sani has taken to his Twitter handle to write a letter to former Emir of Kano, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi urging him not to allow himself to be dragged into partisan politics. He told him to rest and have a good time with his family, away from the burdens, the turbans and the gowns. Sani’s statement seems to be connected to the touting of the former CBN boss as a potential presidential candidate come 2023.
Read More » -

Ganduje’s Aide reacts to Cartoon on Sanusi’s dethronement
Salihu Yakasai, spokesman of Abdullahi Ganduje, Governor of Kano state, has reacted to a cartoon depicting Kano state as a cage. The cartoon, by Mustapha Bulama of Daily Trust, saw Ganduje in a cage while recently dethroned Emir of Kano, Muhammad Sanusi II standing outside the cage, telling Ganduje to stay there. Reacting to it, yakasai described the cartoon as an insult to the state, saying Kano is not a cage but a state with a thousand year old history. He said via his Twitter handle: “I see this as a mockery & insult to the entire ppl of Kano.…
Read More » -

Fani-Kayode blasts those calling for Sanusi to replace Buhari
Femi Fani-Kayode, a former Minister of Aviation, has blasted those calling for the replacement of President Mohammadu Buhari come 2023 with the dethroned Emir of Kano, Sanusi. Since after his dethronement, there have been speculations that the erstwhile monarch may return to politics saying he is the man best fit to rule the country come 2023. However, Fani-Kayode wonders why the next President must come from the North, describing those making the call as accursed slaves. Fani-Kayode tweeted, “The kind of evil that some useful idiots and accursed slaves are wishing upon themselves with this SLS for 2023 thing baffles…
Read More » -

Stop talking about hunger in Nigeria so they don’t come for you – Shehu Sani tells Sultan of Sokoto
Shehu Sani, former Kaduna Central Senator, has reacted to the comment by the Sultan of Sokoto, Sa’ad Abubakar that hunger was more deadlier than Coronavirus. Sani urged the Sultan to stop talking about hunger in Nigeria to avoid being attacked. The Sultan had earlier stated that poverty and hunger was killing Nigerians more than the deadly Coronavirus. However, Sani, who took to his Facebook page, urged the Sultan to stop criticising government. Sani’s comment which he wrote in pidgin and was translated in English language reads: “Please your Highness Sultan stop talking about hunger in Nigeria so they don’t come…
Read More » -

We should go on with the new Phase of Life – Sanusi
Dethroned Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi has said that he doesn’t wish to return to the state as a monarch. Sanusi, in a trending video, expressed confidence that he would get justice if he decided to challenge his removal. “I’ve done what I could in 6 years. I’m moving on. The truth is I don’t want to go back. The (dethronement) letter was so badly written, so unprofessionally written”, he said. “It is the easiest thing in the world to go to court. Fair hearing…High Court ruling, just like today. Did you query him? Did you ask him to defend…
Read More » -

Coronavirus: Trump declares March 15th National Prayer Day
US President, Donald Trump has declared the 15th of March a national prayer day in the US. This is coming after World Health Organisation declared COVID-19 as a pandemic. President Trump pointed out that coronavirus is a threat to the greatness of America. “No matter where you may be, I encourage you to turn to prayer in an act of faith. Together, we will easily prevail.” he wrote in a tweet
Read More » -

Sanusi departs Nasarawa after Court Order
The dethroned Emir of Kano, Muhammad Sanusi, has departed Awe in Nasarawa State with the Kaduna State Governor, Nasiru El-Rufai. This comes after a Federal High Court sitting in Abuja granted an interim order releasing Sanusi from detention. Justice Anwuli Chikere granted the order in line with the prayers on the exparte motion filed on behalf of the deposed Emir by Mr. Lateef Fagbemi SAN. The former Emir had on Thursday approached the court seeking an interim order of the court directing his immediate release from detention.
Read More » -

Abuja Court Orders immediate release of Sanusi from Confinement
Justice Anwuili Chikere of the Federal High Court in Abuja has ordered the immediate release of dethroned Emir of Kano, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi from confinement/detention in Awe community in Nasarawa state. Sanusi had filed the suit before the court challenging his confinement in a two-bedroom apartment in Awe community. Recall that after his dethronemnet on Monday March 9th, he was moved to Nasarawa state. Delivering judgement this morning, the court directed the Inspector General of Police (IGP), Director General of the Department of State Services (DSS), Attorney General of Kano State and the Attorney General of the Federation (AGF) –…
Read More » -

Presidency denies attack on the President in Kebbi
A statement by the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, on Thursday night, said the supposed attacker was a young man who only attempted to greet the president at a closed range but was prevented by security officials. “President Muhammadu Buhari was in Kebbi State Thursday to declare open the Argungu Fishing and Cultural Festival. It was the first time the international tourism event would hold in eleven years, as security considerations had rendered it impracticable. “As the President went round the arena to inspect rice pyramids on display, and take photographs with farmers, a…
Read More »