News
-

Covid-19: I am ready to appease the gods through rituals – Ogboni leader
The head of Ogboni worldwide, Oba Olakisan Adetoyese on Saturday revealed that the gods have to be appeased in order to eliminate the coronavirus Pandemic from the country which he is ready to do. In a statement he signed, Oba Adetoyese urged the federal government to try traditional and spiritual means in its bid to tackle the menace. The statement reads, “The disease is not an ordinary one and it demands spiritual solution to send it packing. Several terrible epidemics in the past had always been tackled through spiritual means even when there was no medical or scientific know-how. “I…
Read More » -

I warned Orji Uzor Kalu he will go to Jail, he Ignored me – Prophet Claims
A prophet and pastor of Rhema Deliverance Ministry in Anambra State, Prophet Ejike Nwachukwu has revealed that he told former governor of Abia State and the senator representing Abia North that he would end up in prison but he (Kalu) simply brushed it aside and said that can not happen in Nigeria. “The Holy Spirit is not man, and whatever he reveals comes to pass. It is the same way that I told Orji Uzor Kalu that he was going to be jailed and he stopped taking my calls. “He told me it is not possible for him to go…
Read More » -

Three Persons Test Positive for Coronavirus in Abuja
Nigeria’s capital, Abuja, has recorded three cases of COVID-19, according to the punch It was learnt that the index case is an official of the Federal Inland Revenue Service and was one of the passengers on the British Airways’ flight that landed on March 13, 2020 as two other cases of COVID-19 were confirmed. A medical doctor has shared that the three patients had been moved to the University of Abuja Teaching Hospital. He said, “The bad news is that three samples from the FCT (Federal Capital Territory) suspected cases tested positive for coronavirus. We have got in touch with…
Read More » -

Pandemonium at NIS as Chinese Woman falls and vomits in Lagos Office.
There was pandemonium yesterday at the Nigerian Immigration office, Alagbon Close, Lagos, after a Chinese woman fell down and started vomiting in the public. Police officers, military personnel, passport seekers, officers of the Immigration and visitors took to their heels. Valuables, important documents were lost as many people were injured as they ran helter skelter for safety . The lady was said to have come to the operations department for some visa issues wearing her mask. She was also said to have come on Thursday but she could not finish with what she came to do so she repeated her…
Read More » -

Protecting Nigerians from COVID-19 is the priority of my government – President Buhari
President Buhari has reiterated the commitment of his administration to the welfare of Nigerians especially with the current happenings around the world. Speaking while receiving the management of the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) in State House, President Buhari said: “I am pleased that you are working with the Ministry of Health on protecting our citizens from Covid-19 virus. You must work to guarantee the safety and security of our pilgrims. As a government, this is now a key priority for us. I therefore enjoin you to ensure that adequate medical provisions and other welfare requirements are afforded our pilgrims,” he…
Read More » -

Italian man who brought Coronavirus to Nigeria has tested negative and has been discharged. (Photos)
The index case of Coronavirus in Nigeria, an Italian man, has tested negative and has been discharged from the Isolation centre of Yaba Mainland Hospital where he was quarantined and treated. Lagos Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu disclosed this on his official Twitter handle this night. As the COVID-19 Incident Commander for Lagos, I am glad to inform you that the index case; the Italian gentleman is now negative. Through a combined effort of Lagos, Ogun State and Fed Health Authorities, we were able to limit the transmission of the virus to a single contact. This involved aggressive contact tracing and containment strategies.…
Read More » -

Chloroquine use not approved for Covid-19 – NCDC warns
The Nigeria Center for Disease Control NCDC has warned against the use of Chloroquine for the treatment of Coronavirus. According to the NCDC, the World Health Organization WHO has not approved the use of Chloroquine for the treatment of the pandemic. US President Donald Trump on Thursday March 19th had said that the United States’ Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved the use of Chloroquine in the treatment of coronavirus, which the FDA later refuted.
Read More » -

WAEC Postpones 2020 Examination amidst Coronavirus.
The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) on Friday, announced that it has postponed the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for school candidates, 2020 indefinitely because of the deadly coronavirus. This was confirmed in a statement by WAEC Head of National Office, Mr. Patrick Ehidiamen Areghan, on Friday. “This is as a result of the impact of the novel and deadly coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19) and the serious implications it has for the conduct of the WASSCE for school candidates, 2020, coupled with the anxieties it has generated among the populace. “This decision is a demonstration of the organisation’s concern…
Read More » -

Covid-19: Lagos to teach SS3 Students with Radio, TV
The Lagos State Government, through the Commissioner for Education, Mrs. Folasade Adefisayo, says the Ministry of Education has made arrangements for teachers to teach core subjects to help SS3 candidates preparing for the West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WASSCE) to ensure that school children continued learning during their forced holidays as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. Speaking on a LTV’s programme, ‘Lagos Today,’ the Commissioner said the teachers would pre-record lessons in eight subjects for broadcast on radio, television and online. She said the core subjects are: English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Literature-In-English, Financial Accounting and Economics.…
Read More » -

COVID-19: Presidency scolds Senate over demands for Buhari to Address Nigerians
The Presidency has rebuked the Senate for calling on President Muhammadu Buhari to address Nigerians in a television broadcast with regards to the Coronavirus. At plenary on Wednesday, the Senate had asked President Buhari to address the country on the measures taken to address the COVID-19 crisis. Reacting to the call, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, said in a statement that such calls are ‘populist advocacies’ which are unnecessary at this time,saying the senate’s call was cheap and sensational. According to Mr Shehu, Nigeria, like every other country around the world, is…
Read More » -

Woman with Coronavirus gives birth to healthy Baby in Athens
A woman who tested positive for coronavirus gave birth to a healthy baby at an Athens hospital, Greek media reported on Thursday. The 24-year-old woman and her partner had both tested positive before the delivery on Wednesday, but the first test on the baby came back negative for COVID-19. “The virus is not transmitted by the placenta,” the director of maternity at Attikon Hospital told Greek national broadcaster ERT. The hospital had prepared for the birth by installing a confined area in the ward and the doctors all wore three pairs of gloves, protective glasses and masks to perform the…
Read More » -

Coronavirus: Aisha Buhari shuts Office, keeps Daughter in self-isolation.
The wife of the President, Aisha Buhari has shut down her office following the outbreak of the coronavirus in the country. Mrs. Buhari also said that her daughter, who recently returned from the United Kingdom, being among the high-burden countries, is in self-isolation. She shared this in a tweet on thursday as she urged Nigerians to follow the advice of the ministry of health for the prevention of the pandemic. “Earlier today my daughter returned from the UK being among the high burden listed countries of COVID-19. “Based on the advice of the Hon. Minister Of Health, Presidential Taskforce on…
Read More »