News

  • Photo of Ogun Government postpones President Buhari’s lockdown order till Friday to allow residents stock up

    Ogun Government postpones President Buhari’s lockdown order till Friday to allow residents stock up

    The Ogun State Government has extended President Buhari’s 14 days lockdown order which was issued yesterday March 29 and expected to take off by 11pm today March 30.  Governor Dapo Abiodun made the announcement in his address to the people of the state and further disclosed that the lockdown order will be effected on Friday April 3, shortly after inspecting 128-bed isolation centres located within the premises of HID Awolowo Model School in Ikenne Remo. The Ogun State Governor who urged the people of the state to remain calm and stock up food items ahead of time, also disclosed that they have procured…

    Read More »
  • Photo of COVID 19: Buhari woke from a prolonged Siesta to issue Illegal Lockdown Orders – Soyinka

    COVID 19: Buhari woke from a prolonged Siesta to issue Illegal Lockdown Orders – Soyinka

    Nobel laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka has described the total lockdown orders issued by President Buhari in Lagos and Ogun States over coronavirus as illegal and unconstitutional. Soyinka who insisted that President Buhari does not have the power to unilaterally lockdown a state as there is no war or emergency, wondered why a President president who had been conspicuously AWOL woke after a prolonged siesta to issue orders.   The Nobel Laureate also described President Buhari as the Rip van Winkle of Nigerian history (a person who is oblivious to changes especially in social attitudes or thought) in his statement ‘Between Covid and Constitutional Encroachment.’ His statement reads;  “Constitutional lawyers and our elected…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Provide Basic Amenities at no cost – House of rep Member tells FG

    Provide Basic Amenities at no cost – House of rep Member tells FG

    A member of the house of representative has called on the federal government to provide basic amenities such as water and electricity for the masses at no cost as it is a trying time for the country. The appeal was made in a statement by Koko who represents Maiyama/Koko/Besse Federal Constituency (APC) Kebbi State . The statement reads: “Our Country is going through trying times just like the international communities. While we continue to pray for God to come to our rescue, I urge the Federal government to provide basic amenities like water and electricity at no cost especially those…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Breaking: Oyo State Governor tests Positive for Coronavirus

    Breaking: Oyo State Governor tests Positive for Coronavirus

    Governor of Oyo State, Seyi Makinde has tested positive for coronavirus. He confirmed the news on his Twitter handle as he stated that he is asymptomatic and will continue to self-isolate.

    Read More »
  • Photo of Coronavirus: “Call me Survivayo” – Nigerian Survivor says as she shares ordeal

    Coronavirus: “Call me Survivayo” – Nigerian Survivor says as she shares ordeal

    Oluwaseun Ayodeji Asowobi, one of the Coronavirus survivors has come out to share her ordeal during her days in the isolation center in Lagos state. She shared the details on her Twitter handle : “Life finds ways of throwing LEMON at me. I’ve struggled w/ coming forward, but I want to inspire hope. I returned to Nigeria from the UK post-Commonwealth event (I totally enjoyed) & fell ill. As a responsible person, I self-isolated. “Days after, I TESTED POSITIVE FOR COVID-19. Before returning, I had planned several interviews, I was scheduled to start a fantastic consultancy job & was also…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Covid-19: Abba Kyari arrives Lagos in Air Ambulance

    Covid-19: Abba Kyari arrives Lagos in Air Ambulance

    Chief of Staff to President Muhammadu Buhari, Abba Kyari has been transferred from Abuja to Lagos to continue his treatment for coronavirus. According to Daily Trust, Kyari was conveyed to Lagos in an air ambulance. Meanwhile, Nigeria has over 110 cases.

    Read More »
  • Photo of Custom Officers allegedly kills Teenager in Ogun State

    Custom Officers allegedly kills Teenager in Ogun State

    Officers of the Nigerian Custom service have allegedly killed a teenegar, Sekinat Agbelade while chasing a suspected rice smuggler in the Agosasa community in Ipokia Local Government Area of Ogun State. The 15-year old who was running an errand was hit by the stray bullet from men of the Customs Service. Narrating the incident, an eye witness said: “Everything happened about 1 p.m. on Saturday and aside Sekinat who died, two other people, 55-year-old Oluwole Oladosu and Saliu Babalola, were also injured by stray bullets. The incident happened in Agosasa area. The Customs were chasing a smuggler and the exact…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Covid-19: Prayer is the best Fire for this Disease – Ganduje says as he calls for Fasting and prayer in Kano state

    Covid-19: Prayer is the best Fire for this Disease – Ganduje says as he calls for Fasting and prayer in Kano state

    Governor of Kano State, Abdullahi Ganduje has declared a one day fasting and prayer in Kano State. According to him he urged residents of the state to be persistent in their prayers as prayer is the best fire to the disease. The governor said this while speaking on Sunday during the inauguration of the fund-raising committee on COVID-19. “As Nigeria recorded over 90 cases of coronavirus, Kano is yet to record a single case, hence the need for the government to be up and doing to contain the outbreak of the deadly disease,” Ganduje said. “I call on Kano people…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Covid-19: Gov. Obiano asks for N1bn from the Federal Government

    Covid-19: Gov. Obiano asks for N1bn from the Federal Government

    Governor of Anambra State, Willie Obiano has sought for the provision of N1bn which according to him will be used to curb the spread of coronavirus in the state which has yet recorded any case. He said this in a statement adding that the state is at risk because of the multitude of people in the numerous markets in the state. “Governor Obiano, therefore, considers it imperative that the Federal Government provides at least N1bn to Anambra, which is at risk in view of the multitude of people in its numerous markets and the peripatetic nature of the people who…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Nigerian-US based Student dies of Coronavirus after being refused testing.

    Nigerian-US based Student dies of Coronavirus after being refused testing.

    25 Year old Nigerian who is a student of Western Michigan University, Bassey Effiong has reportedly died of coronavirus on Saturday the 28th of march. He was expected to graduate with a chemical engineering degree in a few weeks but was refused testing in the Kalamazoo area while living off-campus, despite having symptoms like fever, fatigue and shortness of breath. Asari Effiong, the sister of the deceased said: I told him to ask them to test him. He said they refused to test him. One medical staff told him he had bronchitis. I know God has him in his presence.…

    Read More »
  • Photo of #COVID 19: Abuja Pastor arrested for holding Service despite ban on public gatherings (Video)

    #COVID 19: Abuja Pastor arrested for holding Service despite ban on public gatherings (Video)

    The General Overseer of Jesus Reign Family Church, Apo, Pastor U Uden, pictured left, was arrested by an enforcement team led by the Chairman of the Federal Capital Territory Authority, Ikharo Attah, for holding Sunday service despite the ban on public gatherings. The FCTA banned all public gatherings to curb the spread of Coronavirus in Abuja which has the second largest number of cases of Coronavirus after Lagos. Speaking during the arrest, Attah told the erring pastor “You have violated and you have broken the rules. And you have done what is not appropriate. On Friday, we shut down some mosques…

    Read More »
  • Photo of COVID 19: Ekiti State declares 14-day Curfew after Residents fail to comply with preventive measures

    COVID 19: Ekiti State declares 14-day Curfew after Residents fail to comply with preventive measures

    As Nigeria battles the Coronavirus pandemic, Ekiti state governor, Kayode Fayemi, has announced a major lockdown of the state which will begin from Monday night March 30th and end on April 13th. The governor disclosed this in a state-wide broadcast aired on major media channels this morning Sunday March 29th. He said it was disappointing that many of the state residents are nonchalant about the preventive measures such as washing of hands, coughing and sneezing in their elbows and social distancing.  He added that the curfew is much needed as the state could not afford a public health crisis if the Coronavirus crises…

    Read More »
Back to top button
Close

Adblock Detected

Disable Your Browser Adblocker For better Experince