News

  • Photo of Coronavirus: Quarantined Patients in Uganda engage in sexual acts.

    Coronavirus: Quarantined Patients in Uganda engage in sexual acts.

    The Ministry of Health permanent secretary in Uganda, Diana Atwine has revealed that people living in institutional quarantine in Uganda have started having sex with each other and this has caused a delay in the release of patients since they learnt about the practice. She said this during an interview on Radio one talk show, adding that most of the people quarantined at hotels now move to rooms of others to go sleep with themselves. “Ugandans are not serious. Some who are in quarantine have even begun having (sexual) affairs. They move to rooms of others in the hotels where…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Covid-19: We cannot share Donations as Palliatives – FG

    Covid-19: We cannot share Donations as Palliatives – FG

    The Federal Government has made it clear that the monies donated by the private sector will not be shared as palliatives to citizens. According to a statement by the Minister of information and culture, Lai Muhammed on Tuesday when he featured on a Radio Nigeria programme, Politics Nationwide, he said the donations were meant to build a 30-bed isolation ward and a 10-bed Intensive Care Unit in each state in the country. “The private sector donors are not giving any cash to the federal government and they have made this clear to the people. “They said they will support the…

    Read More »
  • Photo of COV-19: Videos of Nigerians being ‘targeted’ in China do not portray what truly transpired – Geoffrey Onyema

    COV-19: Videos of Nigerians being ‘targeted’ in China do not portray what truly transpired – Geoffrey Onyema

    Geoffrey Onyeama, Nigeria’s Minister of Foreign Affairs, has described claims made in various viral videos of Nigerians being maltreated in China, as half truths. Last week, videos of some Nigerians being kicked out of their hotels and forced into isolation for fear of being infected with the novel Coronavirus, surfaced online. One of the viral videos showed the Consul-General of Nigeria in Guangzhou, China, Mr Anozie Madaubuchi Cyril, confronting Chinese officers and accusing them of victimizing Nigerians and other Africans. At a press briefing held in Abuja with the Chinese Ambassador to Nigeria,  Dr Zhou Pingjian today April 14, the Minister said investigations carried out…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Covid-19: Nine Patients discharged In Lagos

    Covid-19: Nine Patients discharged In Lagos

    Lagos state government has announced the discharge of nine patients, three females and six males. Governor of Lagos state, Babajide Sanwo-olu noted that all the discharged patients had tested negative twice successively for the virus. “While the numbers are definitely rising on the curve, we are also maintaining a 25 to 30 per cent discharge rate of active cases which unequivocally shows that our medical intervention and management of cases are working,” Sanwo-Olu said. “As at 6:00pm on Tuesday, Lagos had recorded 198 COVID-19 cases – highest in Nigeria – with “seven deaths, three transfers, and two evacuations,” the Governor…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Covid-19: 119 People infected out of 118,000 household in Lagos

    Covid-19: 119 People infected out of 118,000 household in Lagos

    The Lagos State Government has announced that 119 people have tested positive for coronavirus during a house to house search of about 118,000 households in Lagos. Speaking at a media briefing in the state, Prof Akin Abayomi said about 118,000 households have been reached and they are looking for typical symptoms of Covid-19. “We’ve embarked on an active case search in communities. The idea is to go to hot spots and go from door to door with our health personnel. So far, in the last two days, we’ve visited 118,000 households and we’re looking for the typical symptoms of COVID-19.…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Covid-19: Ondo State records Third Case

    Covid-19: Ondo State records Third Case

    Governor of Ondo State, Rotimi Akeredolu has announced the state’s third coronavirus case. He also made a clarification concerning the rumors that the state’s third case is a Corps member. In a statement on his official twitter handle, Akeredolu said the affected person is only an ex-corps member who served in the state and was retained. His tweet: “Important Clarification on the 3rd #COVID19 case in Ondo. “The infected person is not an @officialnyscng corps member as stated online. The individual was an ex corps member that served in the Barracks and was retained. “As it is typical for all…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Gospel Artist, Yemi Oluwadaisi is Dead

    Gospel Artist, Yemi Oluwadaisi is Dead

    Nigerian gospel musician,voice-over artiste and producer, Yemi Oluwadaisi is dead. The sad news was shared by Journalist, Lara Wise on a Facebook post on Monday. Sharing some photos of Yemi she wrote: “I lost a friend yesterday. I didn’t know she passed A mutual friend called from Australia to inform me this morning Yemi Yemi Oluwadaisi ‘Ore-Ore’ Rest In Peace dear sister. You have joined the heavenly choir” Late Oluwadaisi was the presenter of ‘How E Be’ with Ododo on Faaji 106.5 FM and also a co-producer and researcher of the morning show ‘Oyela’ on the same station. May her…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Breaking: Buhari extends lockdown in Lagos, Ogun and FCT

    Breaking: Buhari extends lockdown in Lagos, Ogun and FCT

    President Muhammadu Buhari in a live broadcast this evening has extended the lockdown in Lagos, FCT and Ogun States for another 14 days as he promises more palliative measures. See details of his speech below: 1. Fellow Nigerians 2. In my address on Sunday, 29th March, 2020, I asked the residents of Lagos and Ogun States as well as the Federal Capital Territory to stay at home for an initial period of fourteen days starting from Monday, 30th March 2020. 3. Many State Governments also introduced similar restrictions. 4. As your democratically elected leaders, we made this very difficult decision…

    Read More »
  • Photo of President Buhari to Address Nigerians by 7Pm Today

    President Buhari to Address Nigerians by 7Pm Today

    President Muhammadu Buhari will address Nigerians in a nationwide broadcast by 7pm today April 13, on the next line of action, as the two weeks lockdown in Lagos and Abuja comes to an end. A statement issued by the Senior Special Assistant to President Buhari on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, reads: ”President Buhari will broadcast to the nation on Monday, April 13, 2020 at 7pm. Television, radio and other electronic media outlets are enjoined to hook up to the network services of NTA and Radio Nigeria for the broadcast”.

    Read More »
  • Photo of 14 Year Old Boy dies from Electrocution in Abuja

    14 Year Old Boy dies from Electrocution in Abuja

    A 14-year-old student of the Government Secondary School (GSS) Abaji, Ekene Emmanuel Ezeh, has died after been electrocuted in his house in abuja. The father of the deceased, Mr. Augustine Ezeh, said the incident happened last Wednesday afternoon, April 7, around 2:pm. He was at his workshop when someone rushed in to inform him that his son had been electrocuted as soon as electricity was restored in the area. “I immediately rushed to see my son foaming from his nose and mouth, and when I grabbed him, his body shocked me too. I had to use a wooden bench to…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Covid-19: Its going to be horrible for developing Countries – Melinda Gates

    Covid-19: Its going to be horrible for developing Countries – Melinda Gates

    Melinda Gates, Wife of billionaire, Bill Gates, has expressed her thoughts on the effect of the coronavirus pandemic on developing countries especially those in Africa. According to an interview with CNN, she said its going to be horrible for developing countries and if the world does not act fast enough, then there will be dead bodies all over the streets of Africa. “Part of the reasons you are seeing the case numbers still do not look very bad, is because they don’t have access to many tests. “Look at what is happening in Ecuador, they are putting bodies out on…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Covid-19: we are taking a two-step approach – Presidency

    Covid-19: we are taking a two-step approach – Presidency

    The presidency has announced that it will be taking a two-step approach to protect Nigerians against the ravaging coronavirus pandemic. This comes at a time when the total number of confirmed cases in Nigeria according to the NCDC is at 323. In a tweet by the presidency, the two-step approach was stated; “In Nigeria, we are taking a two-step approach. First, to protect the lives of our fellow Nigerians and residents living here and second, to preserve the livelihoods of workers and business owners,” it said.

    Read More »
Back to top button
Close

Adblock Detected

Disable Your Browser Adblocker For better Experince