News
-

Boko Haram is now an Industry – Ahmad Lawan
Senate President, Ahmad Lawan says the Boko Haram sect are no longer a group of religious zealots but an industry. He said this during a plenary session on Thursday adding that he came to the conclusion after taking a critical look at the group’s mode of operations and activities as they now consist of people from different religions and countries. “Boko Haram has metamorphosed from a group of religious zealots into an industry. It is an industry because what they do is not religious. They have people from different faiths and countries who are part of Boko Haram, he said
Read More » -

Woman who called her Raped Two-Year-Old ‘Ashawo’ loses custody of Children to Lagos Govt
Woman who beat up her 2-year-old daughter and called her a prostitute after she caught a man raping her has been sent to a rehabilitation center for mentally challenged people by the Lagos state government and her two children taken away from her. Sharing an update on the case, the Lagos State Government via its Twitter handle stated that as soon as the news got to their knowledge they took swift actions. The children were rescued at Oniru beach, where they lived with their mother, on Sunday, 7th of June 2020, through a combined effort of the Child Protection Unit…
Read More » -

This is not the Democracy we fought for – Gani Adams
Aare Onakakanfo of Yorubaland, Gani Adams says Nigeria is not evolving as this is not the democracy they fought for during the June 12 struggle. In a statement by his Special Assistant on Media, Kehinde Aderemi, Adams lamented that democracy was yet to take its roots in Nigeria despite the sacrifices of the activists as struggles to free Nigerians from bondage will continue until the country is restructured. The statement reads; “When the federating units are allowed to develop at their own pace, there will be mutual benefits and progress in Nigeria. “The federating states will be geared towards achieving…
Read More » -

Democracy Day: Buhari’s speech is made up of outright lies and deliberate half truths – Reno Omokri
Former aide of Former Goodluck Jonathan, Reno Omokri has criticized president Muhammadu Buhari’s democracy day speech. According to a tweet he shared on twitter, he said the broadcast was prerecorded, made up of outright lies and deliberate half truths. See his tweet below: “First of all, General @MBuhari’s broadcast to the nation was not live. As I revealed earlier in the week, it was prerecorded. Not only was it prerecorded, but it is made up of outright lies and deliberate half truths, which I will expose “General Buhari described Nigeria as “a shining example of democracy”. This is a lie.…
Read More » -

Those who shared Abacha’s Money are alive and untouchable – Al-mustapha
The former Chief Security Officer to the late Gen. Sani Abacha, Major Hamza Al-Mustapha had made claims that people who shared the Money Abacha left are still alive and untouchable while he (Abacha) is a subject of ridicule. Al-Mustapha stated this in an interview on the Hausa Service of the BBC in Kaduna on Thursday. “I am surprised by the way Abacha is being blackmailed. I am surprised because when he assumed leadership, Nigeria had less than $2bn in the foreign reserve, he said “But within four years and eight months, he raised it to over $9bn. After his death,…
Read More » -

Alleged serial pedophile accused of raping girls below 10 years in Imo, admits to raping one of the girls.
An elderly man who has been accused of raping “more than 4 girls below 10”, admitted in a video to raping one of the girls but says it happened only once. The man agreed to the accusation while activist Kenneth Nwaka was questioning him. Nwaka promised to help him if he tells the truth so the man opened up, claiming he had sexual relations with the 10-year-old girl once. The girl, who was allegedly raped by the elderly man is reportedly battling an infection as a result of the sexual assault but is already receiving treatment. The alleged rapist was…
Read More » -

Covid-19: Obiano shuts down Eke Awka Market for non compliance of safety measures, imposes curfew
Governor of Anambra State, Willie Obiano has announced the shutting down of Eke Awka market in Awka South Local Government because the traders refused to the adhere to protective measures for Covid-19 according to WHO and NCDC. In a public announcement made on his behalf by the secretary to the state government, Prof Solo Chukwulobelu Obiano, the government said the closure of the market will begin on Monday, 15th June, imposing a curfew from 8pm to 6am. “This is to inform the public that effective Monday, 15th June, 2020, Eke Awka Market, in Awka South Local Government will be shut…
Read More » -

PDP directs Members in the Senate to reject Buhari’s future Loan plans
The Peoples Democratic Party(PDP) has met and directed its members in the senate to object any future plan/request by President Muhammadu Buhari to apply for more loans for the country. This was made known by Prince Uche Secondus, the national chairman of PDP after a closed door meeting with its members on Wednesday. This is coming after the Senate has so far approved $22.7 billion, $5.53 billion and N850 billion on different occasions for the Buhari’s administration to fund the 2020 national budget. “We are also worried about the continuous borrowing by the executive arm of government. There must be…
Read More » -

Minister of Women affairs attributes increased rape cases to lockdown
Minister of women affairs, Pauline Tallen has attributed the increased number in rape cases to the lockdown. She made this statement at the state house correspondents on Wednesday, June 10 after the Federal Executive Council meeting where she brought up the rape pandemic in the country. She further added that an action plan which would involve the judiciary and the media, is being put in place to tackle the rape menace. “There has been an outcry against rape epidemic because of the lockdown. I know we have always had rape in this country but with the lockdown of people in…
Read More » -

Aisha Buhari loses Protocol Officer
Wife of the President, Aisha Buhari, has lost one of her staff, Mr. Sani Yekini, a protocol officer who died on Wednesday after struggling with diabetes. Aisha shared the sad news in a tweet via her official Twitter page on Wednesday night “On behalf of my family and the entire staff of my office, I wish to condole the family of Mr. Sani Yekini, a protocol officer in my office who died earlier today, may Allah grant him Jannatul Firdaus. “Mr. Yekini served in my office for four years. He was down with diabetes and lost the battle today. He…
Read More » -

Edo Election: I don’t think I will get Justice with the screening process – Obaseki
Governor of Edo State, Godwin Obaseki says he doesn’t think he will get justice after he was screened by a committee set up by the All Progressives Congress (APC) to vet aspirants contesting the party’s ticket ahead of the governorship election. In a chat with reporters after the screening, Obaseki insisted that the party’s National Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole did not exclude himself from the process. “Like I said, as a party man I had to go through the screening process but I do not believe that I will get justice because Comrade Adams Oshiomhole is an interested party in the…
Read More » -

It is time for us to pull down the statue of Madam Tinubu – FFK
Former Minister, Femi Fani Kayode has called for the removal of statues of slave owners like that of Madam Tinubu. He said this reacting to a Protest in the UK fuelled by the death of George Floyd who whose as killed by a police officer, protesters had pulled down the statue of Edward Colston. Colston was a 17th-century English merchant and Tory member of Parliament, who was involved in slave trade. Fani-Kayode in a tweet via his Twitter handle on Wednesday, advised Nigerians to emulate those protesters and pull down statues of those who dealt on slave trade adding that…
Read More »