News
-

Southern Kaduna Killings: El-Rufai finally speaks on cause of killings
Governor of Kaduna State, Nasir El-rufai has finally broken his silence on the series of killings in southern Kaduna. During an address at a security meeting held at the Council Chambers of Sir Kashim Ibrahim House, Kaduna, El-rufai revealed that the current crisis in Southern Kaduna, is “the tragic aftermath of events of June 5, when youths from two communities clashed over farmlands in Zangon-Kataf and the upsurge of violence in the same area that started on June 11.” According to him, the violence has spread to and has necessitated extraordinary measures in four local government areas in southern Kaduna…
Read More » -

When Nigerians prosper, I will feel a lot better – Buhari
President Muhammadu Buhari says he will be happy when Nigerians prosper and the quality of their lives improve. He said this during an interview with TheSignature50 magazine where he revealed his administration is working assiduously to ensure that the lives of Nigerians improve beyond ratings and indices. “We have been rated as Africa’s largest economy by different verifiable indices. How does that make one feel as President of Nigeria? Of course, one feels good. But that is not enough,” the president said. “I will feel a lot better when we go beyond just rating and statistics, and the majority of…
Read More » -

Ondo Election: Akeredolu picks Lucky Ayedatiwa as running mate
Governor of Ondo State, Rotimi Akeredolu has picked a former representative of the state on the Board of Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), Mr Lucky Ayedatiwa as his deputy. Ayedatiwa is from ilaje council area of Ondo state and is expected to run alongside Akeredolu in the October 10 election if his name was not substituted before August 18, 2020 deadline by INEC.
Read More » -

Southern Kaduna killings: El- rufai will not escape justice – Reno Omokri
Former aide to ex-president Goodluck Jonathan, Reno Omokri has reacted to the series of Killings in Southern Kaduna. In a tweet he shared via his official twitter handle, he condemned the action of Governor Nasir El-Rufai over the ongoing genocide in the Christian dominated Southern Kaduna State by suspected armed Fulani herdsmen and mercenaries. He alleged that the Governor was responsible for what is going on in his State, further making claims that the Governor had already announced his anti-christ tendencies. His tweet: “I’ve lost patience with these pray for Southern Kaduna hashtags. They are irritants. Pray, pray, pray! Is…
Read More » -

Orji Uzor Kalu receives rousing welcome in Abia State as he returns Home months after release from Prison
Senator Orji Uzor Kalu received a rousing welcome when he returned to Abia state on Monday, July 27, months after he was released from prison. Orji Uzor Kalu was sentenced to 12 years in prison after he was convicted for N7.1bn fraud alongside his firm, Slok Nigeria Limited, and a former Director of Finance during his tenure, Ugo Udeogu. On the 8th of May, 2020 the supreme court nullified Kalu and Udeogo’s conviction on grounds that the presiding judge, Justice Mohammed Idris, lacked the jurisdiction to have presided over their case and so was released from prison. On Monday, July…
Read More » -

Abia State PDP Chairman, Onuigbo is dead
The Chairman of the Caretaker Executive Committee of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP in Abia State, Johnson Onuigbo is dead. According to a family source, the PDP Chairman passed away on Monday evening. The source however did not state the cause of his sudden demise. His remains have been deposited at an undisclosed hospital mortuary in Umuahia, the capital city of Abia State. May his soul rest in peace
Read More » -

AfDB president, Adesina cleared of all corruption allegations
President of the Africa development bank, Akinwunmi Adesina has been cleared of all corruption charges against him. A panel of three experts, led by former Irish president Mary Robinson alongside Gambia’s Chief Justice Hassan Jallow and the World Bank’s integrity vice president Leonard McCarthy, cleared Adesina of all charges alleged by whistleblowers. The African banking institution and Adesina — who is the sole candidate for the bank’s August’s presidential elections — has been battered by the rollercoaster of allegations after the whistleblowers’ complaints were leaked to the media in April. The former Nigerian finance minister had always stated he was…
Read More » -

Ondo: Agboola is of no importance – Akeredolu
Governor of Ondo state, Rotimi Akeredolu has lambasted his deputy, Agboola Ajayi saying he is of no importance to him politically. Speaking with newsmen in Abuja, he added that Agboola, who defected to the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP), has no control of a single local government in the state adding that he would have defeated Agboola even in his own Local Government. Agboola failed to clinch the PDP ticket as their gubernatorial candidate. “For me, the deputy governor leaving the APC for the PDP is good radiance to bad rubbish. We thought we could accommodate him in the APC, but since…
Read More » -

Dogara’s defection: I forsee Atiku defecting too – Bamgbose
Olusegun Bamgbose, National Coordinator, Concerned Advocates for Good Governance, CAGG, has claimed that the sudden return to the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, by former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, was masterminded by Bola Tinubu. This was according to a statement he made on Tuesday adding that Atiku Abubakar, presidential candidate of the peoples Democratic party, PDP may follow suit as the country may be headed for a one party state. “Bola Tinubu is certainly not prepared to be caught panting, as things unfold,” he said. “Tinubu, as a master strategist possibly masterminded Dogara’s defection, to enable…
Read More » -

FG has spent N15.8B for hazard allowances – Ngige
The Federal Government says it has so far spent N15.8 billion on hazard allowances in its teaching hospitals and medical centres across the country. This was according to a statement by the minister of labour and employment, Chris Ngige in Abuja on Monday while addressing journalists at a meeting with the National Association of Resident Doctors (NARD) leadership. The meeting was held to assess the level of implementation of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) entered by both parties and to prevent strike threat by health workers. Ngige further said that the June allowances were still outstanding because the budget has…
Read More » -

Schools to reopen for JSS3 and SS3 students from August 4
The Federal Ministry of Education has announced the reopening of secondary schools for JSS3 and SS3 students from August 4, 2020. Students will have two weeks to prepare for the West African Examinations (WAEC) which will commence on August 17, 2020. These were the unanimous decisions reached today at a virtual consultative meeting between the Federal Ministry of Education, Honourable Commissioners of Education of the 36 states, the Nigerian Union of Teachers, (NUT), the proprietors of private schools, and Chief Executives of examination bodies. In a statement by the Director, Press and Public Relations, Ben Bem Goong, “It was agreed…
Read More » -

Toke Makinwa’s Banana Island Mansion allegedly confiscated by AMCON
Media personality, Toke Makinwa has allegedly lost possession of her Banana Island house to Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON). It was alleged that Toke’s house was given to her by her “sugar daddy”, Lagos-based oil and gas businessman, Dr. Festus Fadeyi, whose total indebtedness to AMCON is over N240 billion and has now listed the house he gave Toke as a gift as part of his company assets which AMCON has now repoed. AMCON had seized the assets of Fadeyi’s Pan Ocean Oil Corporation Nigeria Limited, its affiliate companies and other properties, over an unpaid N240 billion loan debt.…
Read More »