-

I got married late because I had no money and I was not confident – Actor, Afeez Oyetoro (Saka)
Popular Nigerian actor, Afeez Oyetoro, popularly known as Saka, has opened up about why he got married later in life. In a recent interview with media personality Chude Jideonwo, Saka revealed that he tied the knot at the age of 40. Reflecting on his personal journey and career, the actor—who also serves as a theatre arts lecturer at Lagos State University of Education—explained that his focus on building a solid foundation delayed his decision to…
Read More » -

Coalition: Amaechi is too big to be responding to Wike, leave him for me – Deji Adeyanju
Nigerian activist lawyer Deji Adeyanju has pledged to continue criticizing Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Minister Nyesom Wike. In a Facebook post on Saturday, Adeyanju reacted to the ongoing feud between Wike and former Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amaechi, sparked by Amaechi’s involvement in the new opposition coalition ahead of the 2027 elections. Adeyanju stated that Amaechi is too prominent to engage with Wike and urged him to focus on more important matters, saying he (Adeyanju)…
Read More » -

Hardship is what comes to my mind when I hear Tinubu – Singer Falz
Rapper and activist Folarin Falana, also known as Falz, has said that the word hardship immediately comes to mind whenever he hears President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s name. Speaking in an interview with Soundcity, Falz linked Tinubu’s leadership to the economic struggles faced by Nigerians. He had earlier told Arise TV that the country has regressed under Tinubu’s administration, urging the President to use the remaining two years of his term to make meaningful progress. The…
Read More » -

2027: Kwankwaso will not contest against Tinubu on our platform – NNPP
The New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP) has stated that Rabiu Kwankwaso, its 2023 presidential candidate, will not contest on its platform in the 2027 elections. In a statement released on Saturday, National Chairman Dr. Agbo Major dismissed claims by Buba Galadima suggesting otherwise. Major emphasized that both Kwankwaso and Galadima remain expelled from the party and are no longer recognized as members. “We cannot even allow Kwankwaso for whatever reason to return on the NNPP…
Read More » -

Punishment awaits corrupt people – Atiku hints on 2027 presidency
Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has hinted at a potential presidential run in 2027 under the African Democratic Congress (ADC) coalition. Speaking in Hausa, Atiku vowed to crack down on corruption if elected. In a video on X, Atiku could be heard saying: “I swear to God, if elected, whoever steals or engages in any corruption-related activities, we will declare war against them and they must be punished” Although he has not formally declared his…
Read More » -

Coalition: Stop decieving Nigerians, you will not come back to power – Wike dares David Mark, Amaechi, others
Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike, has criticized the Interim National Chairman of the African Democratic Congress (ADC), David Mark, and opposition coalition leader Rotimi Amaechi, accusing them of misleading Nigerians. Speaking on Friday during the commissioning of the Aguma Palace–Radio Nigeria–New Market Road in Gwagwalada, Wike dismissed the coalition’s chances of returning to power in 2027. He urged Mark, Amaechi, and other coalition figures to present their records in office to the…
Read More » -

He has nuisance value – Aisha Yesufu reveals why she’s working with El-Rufai in ADC
Aisha Yesufu, co-convener of the defunct BringBackOurGirls movement, has addressed why she chose to align with former Kaduna State Governor Nasir El-Rufai in the new political coalition despite their past differences. Responding to backlash on social media, Yesufu emphasized that nation-building is not “a romantic affair” driven by personal feelings. She added that El-Rufai brings a “nuisance value” that could prove strategically useful in the coalition’s efforts to unseat President Bola Tinubu in the 2027…
Read More » -

You have no reason to be investing in a woman you are not married to – Nigerian woman tells single men
A Nigerian woman, Evelyn Nneka Obasi, has advised single men against making financial investments in women they are not married to. “Unless you’re just being kind, as a single man, there’s no reason to be investing on a woman who you are not married to”
Read More » -

Court finds Senator Natasha guilty of contempt, fines her N5m
The Federal High Court in Abuja has found suspended Kogi Central Senator, Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, guilty of contempt of court. Justice Binta Nyako, who delivered the ruling on Friday, stated that Senator Akpoti-Uduaghan violated a previous court order by posting a satirical apology to Senate President Godswill Akpabio on Facebook on April 7. The court ruled that her post mocked the gag order previously imposed on all parties involved in the case. As a result, the…
Read More » -

Bring back cashless economy, it will help reduce kidnapping massively – Yul Edochie tells Tinubu
Actor Yul Edochie has urged President Bola Tinubu to reinstate the cashless policy previously introduced by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). In a social media post, Yul argued that the policy, implemented under the past administration, significantly boosted the value of the naira and contributed to lowering the prices of goods.
Read More » -

The same people I watched on television as a child are still the same people ruling us. They are enemies of Nigeria – ADC ex-presidential candidate kicks against coalition movement
Dumebi Kachikwu, the 2023 presidential candidate of the African Democratic Congress (ADC), has criticised members of the newly formed opposition coalition, labelling them as enemies of progress intent on dragging Nigeria backward. Speaking during an interview on Channels TV on Wednesday, July 2, Kachikwu condemned the political alliance, which recently adopted the ADC as its platform for the 2027 elections. He argued that the coalition is largely composed of recycled politicians who have long dominated…
Read More » -

FCT teachers strike: I intervened, I have told them we will pay in phases – Wike says
The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, has responded to the ongoing teachers’ strike in Abuja. Speaking during his monthly media chat on Thursday, Wike said the FCT Administration had made efforts to intervene, but noted that some of the teachers’ demands were unrealistic. He also expressed concern over the current wage bill, stating it was high relative to the actual number of workers. Wike said: “We intervened in the strike but…
Read More »