News

  • Photo of Odumeje assaulted as Anambra govt demolish church [Video]

    Odumeje assaulted as Anambra govt demolish church [Video]

    Anambra State Government has demolished the church building belonging to Prophet Odumeje Chukwuemeka Ohanaemere, also known as Odumeje is the spiritual leader of the Mountain of Holy Ghost Intervention and Deliverance Ministry. The demolition was carried out on Thursday by a joint team of state actors and police officers. During the demolition exercise which was said to be in line with the Onitsha Urban Renewal Plan of Governor Charles Soludo’s administration, Odumeje was assaulted by some Task Force operatives as onlookers watched. They slapped and hit the cleric, accusing him of obstructing their assignment and attempting to stop work.

    Read More »
  • Photo of Ekweremadu: We are praying he will be granted bail before August 4th – Olisa Metuh

    Ekweremadu: We are praying he will be granted bail before August 4th – Olisa Metuh

    Olisa Metuh, a Chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP has said Nigeria’s former Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu and his wife, Beatrice will likely be released on bail before the 4th of August. The Ekweremadus were arrested for alleged organ harvesting. The victim, David Ukpo who alleged that he was 15 years old in Westminster Magistrates Court on Thursday admitted that he is 21 years old. When asked if Ekweremadu will be released before the 4th of August, Metuh who was one of the Nigerians present at the hearing on Thursday told Arise TV, “The Defence counsel said there was…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Kuje Prison break: Failure To Prioritise arrest and prosecution of criminals fuelling Insecurity – Atiku

    Kuje Prison break: Failure To Prioritise arrest and prosecution of criminals fuelling Insecurity – Atiku

    Presidential Candidate of the People’s Democratic party PDP, Atiku Abubakar has blamed the recent attack on the kuje correctional facility on the inability of the authorities to prioritize the prosecution of criminals. Gunmen had attacked the prison with explosives on Tuesday night, with over 500 inmates said to be currently at large including all 64 Boko Haram inmates. The former Vice President in a tweet expressed concern over the lives and properties of citizens in the FCT He wrote; “I am concerned and saddened by reports of the attack on Kuje prison by suspected terrorists. “My concern arises not only…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Terrorism: When will those in Government start resigning – Dino Melaye

    Terrorism: When will those in Government start resigning – Dino Melaye

    Former Lawmaker, Dino Melaye has called for the resignation of some top government officials. He made this known in a post on Facebook. He recounted how some Ministers and 48 people resigned from the British government in the last two days. He said the country is at it’s lowest adding that we have a Government without Governance He wrote: “19 ministers and 48 people resigned from the British Government in 48 hours. When will Ministers, DGs, MDs and Chairmen of MDA’s, service chiefs and presidential aides start resigning in Nigeria. “We are at our lowest low in history. We have…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Boris Johnson to resign as UK Prime Minister

    Boris Johnson to resign as UK Prime Minister

    Boris Johnson may today resign as prime minister, Sky News reports.There has been intense pressure on Boris Johnson in the past few days to resign after more than 50 resignations from all levels of government. It was reported that Johnson spoke to the chairman of the Conservative backbench 1922 Committee, Sir Graham Brady, and agreed to stand down. The confirmation came shortly after Boris Johnson’s newly appointed Education Secretary, Michelle Donelan resigned. Defence Secretary, Ben Wallace had earlier withdrawn his support for Boris after Northern Ireland Secretary, Brandon Lewis resigned from his post

    Read More »
  • Photo of Only the Northern Elites will not vote for Obi because they have stolen money and are afraid – Labour Party Vice Chair, Reuben

    Only the Northern Elites will not vote for Obi because they have stolen money and are afraid – Labour Party Vice Chair, Reuben

    The Labour Party Vice Chairman (South-South) Felix Reuben has said only the elites from Northern Nigeria are afraid of the emergence of the party’s Presidential candidate, Peter Obi. He said this reacting to recent comments credited to the presidential candidate of the New Nigerian Peoples Party, NNPP, Rabiu Kwankwaso who said that the northern electorates will not give their vote to a candidate from the East during the election next year. In his reaction, Reuben said; The only people that will not vote for Peter Obi in the North are the elites, people that are afraid, that have stolen money…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Air Force jets reportedly bombs Katsina community by mistake

    Air Force jets reportedly bombs Katsina community by mistake

    Air force jets have reportedly bombed a Katsina community leaving Many dead with others injured at Kunkuna village, in Safana Local Government Area of Katsina State. According to reports, the incident took place at about 11:00 pm on Tuesday July 5, shortly after President Muhammadu Buhari’s advance team convoy was attacked by terrorists along the Dutsinma -Yantumaki road, in the Dutsinma council area. Daily Trust also reported that the jet hit the wrong targets in the operation launched against camps of bandits in the area. Sources told Guardian that many of the villagers lost their lives when the bombs exploded…

    Read More »
  • Photo of “I prefer younger people with fresh ideas who have a lot to offer rather than recycling old hands” – Peter Obi speaks on choice of running mate

    “I prefer younger people with fresh ideas who have a lot to offer rather than recycling old hands” – Peter Obi speaks on choice of running mate

    Presidential Candidate of Labor Party, Peter Obi has said that he prefers to work with younger people with fresh ideas instead of recycling old hands. Speaking during an interview on Arise TV, Obi said he was yet to pick a running mate as consultations are still ongoing. He said this following rumors on social media that he had chosen Sen. Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed, a businessman and politician as his running mate. Obi said, “We are talking to quite a number of people and Baba-Ahmed is a capable hand and I wish he is the one. But I wish I could…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Kuje Prison break: Governments don’t stop working because Nations face terrorist threats – Presidency reacts to criticisms over Buhari’s trip to Senegal

    Kuje Prison break: Governments don’t stop working because Nations face terrorist threats – Presidency reacts to criticisms over Buhari’s trip to Senegal

    The presidency has reacted to the criticisms and uproar trailing the decision of President Muhammadu Buhari to travel to Senegal following the Nation’s current Security crisis It was reported that gunmen said to be Boko Haram insurgents attacked the Kuje Correctional Facility with whereabouts of 64 Boko Haram inmates said to be unknown President had visited the facility before he left for Dakar, Senegal to participate in the International Development Association (IDA) for Africa Summit This however did not sit well with Nigerians as they have continued to lambast the President over his decision to leave the country at a…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Tinubu will clinch 2023 presidential seat but his enemies will use his health issues against him – Prophet Olujobi

    Tinubu will clinch 2023 presidential seat but his enemies will use his health issues against him – Prophet Olujobi

    Prophet Bisi Olujobi of Wisdom Church of Christ International in Ketu, Lagos State, has predicted that the All Progressives Congress, APC, presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu, would win the 2023 presidential election. The Cleric in a statement he signed said the APC presidential candidate would win the election but may never rule Nigeria as his enemies will use his health issues against him According to Olujobi: “In Asiwaju Tinubu’s case, he will clinch the 2023 presidential seat, but the enemies within will use his weakness and health issues against him. You remember early in the year 2022 when I warned him…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Subsidy a scam, I will remove and replace it with something else – Peter Obi

    Subsidy a scam, I will remove and replace it with something else – Peter Obi

    Presidential candidate of Labour Party, Peter Obi has said that he will remove the Subsidy on Petrol and replace it with something else Obi in an interview on Arise TV described the subsidy as a scam “I will remove subsidy and look for something to replace it. The subsidy is a scam. “It’s not going to be business as usual. You need to go back and read what one of my former aides wrote about how I used stinginess to cut the cost of governance, he said

    Read More »
  • Photo of All 64 Boko Haram suspects escaped from Kuje prison – Defence minister, Magashi

    All 64 Boko Haram suspects escaped from Kuje prison – Defence minister, Magashi

    Defence Minister, Bashir Magashi has said the 64 Boko Haram suspects in Kuje Correctional Facility are missing. Unknown gunmen suspected to be Boko Haram members had attacked the prison with explosives on Tuesday night. Magashi in a press conference on Wednesday said 994 inmates had escaped with 600 already returned adding that all 64 Boko Haram Members could not be located He said: “What actually happened, they came in their numbers and released some of the inmates. We are now trying to determine the kind of inmates they released. “We are trying to see what we can do to see…

    Read More »
Back to top button
Close

Adblock Detected

Disable Your Browser Adblocker For better Experince