News

  • Photo of We want to create one million jobs in the digital world – Vice President Kashim Shettima seeks support from Korea

    We want to create one million jobs in the digital world – Vice President Kashim Shettima seeks support from Korea

    Vice President Kashim Shettima expressed Nigeria’s aspiration to generate employment opportunities for one million young individuals in the digital sector, as stated in a press release on June 26. The statement was made during a meeting with a delegation from the Republic of Korea, headed by Jang Sungmin, who serves as the special envoy to Korean President Yoon Yeol. Shettima emphasized that the longstanding bilateral relationship between Nigeria and Korea is built on mutual trust and collaboration. “A lot of Korean companies are doing business in Nigeria, especially in the area of oil and gas. Six of our LNG trains…

    Read More »
  • Photo of AEDC debunks claims of increase in electricity tariff, says it hasn’t been approved

    AEDC debunks claims of increase in electricity tariff, says it hasn’t been approved

    The Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC) has refuted claims of an upcoming tariff hike in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) starting from July 1, 2023. Earlier reports had surfaced, suggesting that the distribution company intended to raise tariffs due to currency fluctuations in the exchange rate market. However, in an official statement shared on its Twitter account on Monday, the management of AEDC clarified that no approval had been received for such an increase. “PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT “Dear Esteemed Customers, Please disregard the communication circulating in the media regarding the review of electricity tariffs. Be informed that no approval for…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Stop taking laws into your own hands and instead report any alleged crime or blasphemy to the appropriate quarters for necessary action – Sokoto state Governor, Ahmed Aliyu tells residents

    Stop taking laws into your own hands and instead report any alleged crime or blasphemy to the appropriate quarters for necessary action – Sokoto state Governor, Ahmed Aliyu tells residents

    The governor of Sokoto state, Ahmed Aliyu, has expressed his determination to take strong action against individuals who commit ‘blasphemy’ against Prophet Muhammed. In response to the murder of Usman Buda, a butcher who was allegedly killed by upset Muslims for reportedly making a blasphemous comment on June 25th, the governor issued a warning. Through his spokesperson, Abubakar Bawa, Governor Aliyu emphasized the importance of not degrading the personality of Prophet Muhammad SAW, particularly in Sokoto, a predominantly Muslim community. He urged all residents to show respect for and safeguard the dignity and character of the prophet. Furthermore, he called…

    Read More »
  • Photo of One of my friends collecting Fuel subsidy money met with a former President and asked him to stop it as they were tired of making money- former Gov Isa Yuguda reveals 

    One of my friends collecting Fuel subsidy money met with a former President and asked him to stop it as they were tired of making money- former Gov Isa Yuguda reveals 

    Isa Yuguda, the former governor of Bauchi state, has revealed that the fuel subsidy scam in Nigeria was so lucrative for those involved that one of them had requested a former president to terminate the fuel subsidy because they were tired of profiting from it. During an interview with Channels TV on June 26, Yuguda disclosed that he chaired a committee in the past that investigated the subsidy regime, and it was through their work that they uncovered the fraudulent practices within the system. He expressed his sadness in sharing what he witnessed, citing instances where subsidy claims were made…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Obtain customers’ social media handles for Identification – CBN mandates banks 

    Obtain customers’ social media handles for Identification – CBN mandates banks 

    The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has issued a directive to financial institutions, requiring them to collect customers’ social media handles as part of the identification process. Additionally, the CBN has instructed banks to gather other information, including email addresses, telephone numbers, and residential addresses. This mandate is outlined in the new CBN customer due diligence regulations, which aim to enhance the identification procedures within the banking system. The document titled “CBN’s (Customer Due Diligence) Regulations, 2023” was published on the CBN’s website on Friday. The CBN emphasizes that these regulations are intended to establish additional measures for customer due…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Presidential Tribunal: Tinubu is no saint but he attended Chicago University – Reno Omokri tells PDP

    Presidential Tribunal: Tinubu is no saint but he attended Chicago University – Reno Omokri tells PDP

    Reno Omokri, a socio-political activist, has reiterated that President Bola Tinubu did indeed attend and graduate from Chicago State University. The Presidential Election Petition Court (PEPC) recently admitted a transcript from South West College, presented by the Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, as evidence. The document, which identified Tinubu as a female, was submitted alongside other documents to support the allegations made in their joint petition challenging Tinubu’s victory in the February 25 presidential election. In response, Omokri cautioned the PDP, urging them not to attack Tinubu based on falsehoods, as he believes that…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Presidential Tribunal: Court must sack Tinubu if he didn’t win the election – Sam Amadi

    Presidential Tribunal: Court must sack Tinubu if he didn’t win the election – Sam Amadi

    Sam Amadi, the Director of the Abuja School of Social and Political Thoughts, outlined the conditions under which President Bola Tinubu should be removed from office. Amadi stated that if Tinubu did not win the previous presidential election fairly, he should be ousted. He expressed this opinion while criticizing those who suggested that presidential candidates of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, and the Labour Party (LP), Peter Obi, should withdraw their cases against Tinubu at the presidential election tribunal. In a tweet, the public affairs analyst described it as foolish to request that the aggrieved parties drop their…

    Read More »
  • Photo of There’s nothing fun in schooling here – Canada-based Nigerian student says

    There’s nothing fun in schooling here – Canada-based Nigerian student says

    A Nigerian student studying in Canada has expressed her disappointment over the lack of enjoyment in her educational experience abroad. In a TikTok video she posted, the student emphasized that her main priority is maintaining a balance between her grades rather than focusing on earning money. She shared that the coursework is extremely demanding, with each course costing $3000, and if she fails any of them, she would have to pay that amount again to retake them. Furthermore, the student refuted claims that it is easy to find jobs abroad. She explained that despite the income they earn abroad being…

    Read More »
  • Photo of We no longer know who to trust because of the society has become as a result of Banditry – Rev. Fr. Kukah

    We no longer know who to trust because of the society has become as a result of Banditry – Rev. Fr. Kukah

    Rev. Fr. Matthew Hassan Kukah, the Catholic Bishop of Sokoto Diocese, has emphasized the urgency of addressing the prevailing insecurity in the country. During a conference held on Thursday, June 22, to commemorate the 10th anniversary of Rev. Fr. Stephen Ojapah’s ordination, Kukah expressed that Nigerians now face fearful travels due to insecurity. The Catholic Bishop further asserted that national development is unattainable without security. He stated: “Unless we have a sense of respect for one another is enshrine and we take the sense of community beyond the boundary of religion and begin to see ourselves and create some level…

    Read More »
  • Photo of FG is committed to eradicating Polio by the end of the year – Vice President, Shettima

    FG is committed to eradicating Polio by the end of the year – Vice President, Shettima

    Vice President Kashim Shettima expressed Nigeria’s dedication to eliminating the variant poliovirus by the year’s end. Addressing a gathering of governors at the Presidential Villa in Abuja, convened by the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF), Shettima emphasized that Nigeria will persevere in its endeavors to completely eradicate polio by December. Furthermore, he revealed that Nigeria has made notable progress in its three-dose pentavalent vaccine coverage, which has risen from 33% in 2016 to 57% in 2021. He said; “The proposal is to provide timely domestic financing for the procurement of vaccines, which couldn’t have come sooner, to boost our industrial capacity…

    Read More »
  • Photo of Babajide Sanwo-Olu donates N5M to LASU law graduate with a 5.0 CPGA

    Babajide Sanwo-Olu donates N5M to LASU law graduate with a 5.0 CPGA

    Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State has made a personal donation of N5 million, in addition to another N5 million from the State Government to Aminat Yusuf Imoitsemeh in recognition of her outstanding achievement. Aminat Yusuf Imoitsemeh graduated from Lagos State University (LASU) with a remarkable CGPA of 5.0 in Law. The governor presented the donation during the 26th convocation ceremony of the university, which took place on June 22. This generous gesture from Governor Sanwo-Olu is a commendation and support for Aminat’s remarkable academic feat. Congratulations to her!

    Read More »
  • Photo of Workers group urges FG to increase minimum wage to N200,000

    Workers group urges FG to increase minimum wage to N200,000

    The Workers’ Alliance for Inclusive Socio-economic Reforms (WAISER) has urged the federal government to establish a new monthly minimum wage of N200,000. In a statement released on Tuesday, Amodu Isiaka, the national coordinator of the group, stated that this step would help alleviate the impact of the recent removal of petrol subsidies on Nigerians. Following President Tinubu’s declaration that “petrol subsidy is gone” during his inaugural speech on May 29, the country witnessed a resurgence of fuel queues and an increase in pump prices nationwide. This policy has sparked varied reactions among Nigerians. Currently, the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) and…

    Read More »
Back to top button
Close

Adblock Detected

Disable Your Browser Adblocker For better Experince