News
-

I have promised my son to get him justice, even if it will take 30 years to achieve it – Late Sylvester Oromoni’s family insists on justice as the boy’s body remains in morgue 2 years after his death
Two years after the tragic death of Sylvester Oromoni Junior, the Dowen College student, his father remains committed to seeking justice. Speaking to journalists on Wednesday, November 29, the grieving father expressed his determination to see the case of his late son through to a just and conclusive resolution. Oromoni Junior died on November 30, 2021, after he was alleged to have been beaten by five of his colleagues. Dowen College dismissed the claim and said that the boy sustained injuries playing football with his friends. In January 2022, an initial autopsy declared that Oromoni died of “acute lung injury…
Read More » -

We no longer have a sit-at-home in Enugu State, South East – Governor Mbah boasts
Governor Peter Mbah has declared that the previously imposed sit-at-home order by the proscribed members of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) is no longer applicable in the South-East region of the country. Mbah made this statement following his visit to President Bola Tinubu at the Presidential Villa in Abuja, the nation’s capital. Additionally, he praised the financial reforms implemented by President Bola Tinubu’s administration, which has facilitated the smooth movement of capital in and out of the country, noting that these positive changes are positively impacting his state. “We no longer have a sit-at-home in Enugu State, and I…
Read More » -

Former Benue Commissioner, Shehu Othman dies at 91
Alhaji Shehu Othman, a former commissioner in the former Benue State, has passed away at the age of 91. A native of Keana in Nasarawa State, Othman breathed his last on Wednesday, November 29, at Trust Charitos Hospital in Jabi, Abuja. The family announced the sad news and revealed that the esteemed statesman would be interred on the same day following the Zuhur prayer at the National Mosque in Abuja. The family said in a statement: “Inna lillahi wa ina ilaihir taki in. With a heavy heart, but in total submission to the will of Allah, the family of Alhaji…
Read More » -

Alleged money laundering: ‘We airlifted N1.219bn to Fayose for 2014 election, the aircraft could not contain the funds’ – Obanikoro
Musiliu Obanikoro, the former Minister of State for Defence, revealed that a sum of N1.219 billion in cash was transported by air to Ayodele Fayose, the former governor of Ekiti state, during the 2014 election. Fayose is currently facing trial by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) along with his company, Spotless Investment Limited, for their alleged involvement in a N6.9 billion money laundering scheme. While testifying as a witness for the EFCC on Wednesday, Obanikoro informed Justice Nnamdi Dimgba of the Federal High Court in Abuja that he received the funds from the former National Security Adviser (NSA),…
Read More » -

Tinubu seeks senate’s approval for $8.6bn and €100m loan
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has sought the Senate’s consent to secure a loan amounting to $8,699,168,559 and €100 million. Emphasizing that these funds are earmarked for crucial projects across various sectors, the Nigerian leader clarified that this request aligns with the external borrowing plan for the years 2022-2024, which had been endorsed during the administration of former President Muhammadu Buhari. His letter reads: “I write in respect of the above subject and to submit the attached the federal government 2022-2024 external borrowing plan for consideration and early approval of the National Assembly to ensure prompt implementation of the projects. “The…
Read More » -

A former female minister excelled in corruption and set a record that is yet to be beaten by anybody – Danjuma
Former Chief of Army Staff, Retired Lieutenant General Theophilus Danjuma has shared a story about how a female petroleum minister nearly persuaded him to reconsider his stance on advocating for job opportunities for women. During the inauguration of the Goodwill Medical Centre, established and furnished by his Foundation in Umuchigbo, Iji Nike, Enugu, Danjuma recounted that the female minister had achieved a remarkable feat that has yet to be surpassed by anyone. He said; “I used to say that if you want anything properly done and delivered on time without any excuses, give the job to a woman until we…
Read More » -

I will defeat gov Obaseki’s anointed candidate – Shaibu speaks on 2024 Edo Governorship election
In anticipation of the upcoming gubernatorial election in Edo State, Deputy Governor Philip Shaibu has vowed to defeat the candidate endorsed by Governor Godwin Obaseki. Shaibu expressed confidence in his ability to defeat Obaseki’s favored candidate, citing the strong support he enjoys from the people of the state. He made these remarks during an appearance on a TVC program on Monday evening. According to Shaibu: “Definitely, I’ll defeat the so-called candidate of the governor, not because I have the power, but because Edo people want their own and I am their own. Edo people do not want importation; they want…
Read More » -

Tinubu re-appoints Mele Kyari as CEO of the NNPCL
President Bola Tinubu has designated Malam Mele Kyari as the Group Chief Executive Officer of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL), as revealed in a statement released by Presidential spokesperson Ajuri Ngelale on Monday. The appointment is effective from Friday, December 1, 2023. Additionally, the president has appointed the management team of the corporation, with Chief Pius Akinyelure serving as Non-Executive Board Chairman. “In compliance with Section 59 (2) of the Petroleum Industry Act, 2021, President Bola Tinubu has approved the appointment of a new Board and Management team for the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) with effect…
Read More » -

Tinubu inherited a country in coma – Dapo Abiodun
Governor Dapo Abiodun remarked that President Bola Tinubu took charge of an administration on the brink of collapse. Despite this, the Governor remains hopeful about Nigeria’s future and urges citizens to exhibit patience with the Tinubu administration. “The President Bola Ahmed Tinubu administration has been very bold and audacious,” he said on Channels Television on Sunday. “But knowing fully well, they either did that then or the country would be brought to its knees. “Like they said, there can’t be any gain without pain. He has inherited an administration that was almost comatose.” “You know our President… is also an…
Read More » -

Election petitions: We will never be overwhelmed by public sentiments – CJN, Ariwoola says amid knocks on judiciary
The Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Justice Olukayode Ariwoola, has underscored the judiciary’s commitment to avoiding succumbing to public sentiments in their judgments. Despite criticism from many Nigerians who accuse the judiciary of bias, especially in electoral matters leading to the removal of some governors and lawmakers, Justice Ariwoola, speaking at the commencement of the special session for the 2023/2024 legal year and the induction of 58 newly appointed Senior Advocates of Nigeria (SANs), urged judges to stand firm in their decisions. According to him, public opinions and sentiments or emotions can never take the place of the law “I…
Read More » -

Tinubu made me minister and I won’t allow anybody to crumble our political structure – Wike
Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Nyesom Wike, has dismissed rumors about his potential presidential bid in 2027, emphasizing his loyalty to President Bola Tinubu. Wike recalled founding the G5 with five other PDP governors, driven by a commitment to justice and advocating for the transfer of power to the Southern part of the country. In a Friday interview in Abuja, he emphasized the importance of maintaining excellent character amid the political landscape. He said, “Tinubu made me the FCT minister and I won’t allow anybody to crumble our political structure. No! “Tinubu made me minister, people don’t understand,…
Read More » -

Yahaya Bello freezes Kogi State and Local Government Accounts
Yahaya Bello’s administration in Kogi State has mandated the prompt suspension of all state and local government accounts. This order, conveyed on Thursday, November 22, by the Commissioner for Finance, Asiwaju Asiru Idris, restricts any additional fund transfers from these accounts until a subsequent announcement. The accompanying statement underscores the significance of maintaining stringent financial discipline and transparency within the state government. “All Standing Orders and Investment Instructions are hereby Cancelled forthwith. “All Kogi State and Local Government Accounts are hereby frozen with effect from today, Thursday 22nd November 2023, the statement reads This comprehensive freeze aims to prevent any…
Read More »