News
-

Demolition: Residents of Mende were served notices – Lagos Commissioner for Environment. Tokunbo Wahab, says
Tokunboh Wahab, the Lagos State Commissioner for Environment and Water Resources, has clarified that owners of the demolished properties impeding drainage flow in Mende, Maryland area, were served with “necessary notices” prior to the removal of their buildings from the System 1 Drainage Right of Way over the past weekend. Speaking on Channels TV on Sunday, May 5, Wahab mentioned that property owners had been informed as early as 2021. Although during the demolition, the property owners claimed they were given only two hours notice before the government demolished their buildings, the commissioner asserted that the drainage right of way…
Read More » -

We will NEVER agree to their Marriage- Wofai Fada’s Father-In-Law explains his position as family release disclaimer to REJECT her
Wofai Fada’s engagement to her partner, Taiwo Cole as well as their traditional wedding in Ugep, Cross River State has been rejected by the Groom’s family because the event was allegedly held without the notice of the family. In a leaked audio conversation between Taiwo’s father and his female friend, Kunle’s father addressed the relationship of his son with the actress and his stance for a public disclaimer. According to the father, Wofai Fada is 38 years old while his son is 30; and the marriage arrangement was recently mentioned to him without proper arrangements. He stated that his son…
Read More » -

Banditry is now a business venture for the criminals in Government – Katsina Governor, Dikko Radda
Katsina State Governor, Dikko Radda, accused certain government officials and security personnel of facilitating insecurity, particularly banditry, in the nation. He made these assertions during an appearance on Channels Television’s program, Politics Today, on Friday. The governor further remarked that combating banditry has become challenging in Nigeria, describing it as now akin to a “business venture.” He said, “Now it has turned out to be a business venture. A business venture for the criminals who are in government; some people who are in security outfits and some people who are responsible for the day-to-day activities of their people. “These are…
Read More » -

N615,000 minimum wage demand realistic — NLC
The national President of the Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, Joe Ajaero, has said that N615,000 minimum wage demand is the most realistic amount. Ajaero made this statement on Thursday during an interview on Channels TV’s Politics Today The federal government had approved a pay rise of between 25 and 35 percent for civil servants across various consolidated salary structures, But the NLC rejected the increase, saying it was too low. During the interview, Ajaero said that the labour unions were receiving pressure from workers, while the government was calling them names. “If you are talking about realistic, the N615,000 demand is…
Read More » -

I see freedom from the shackles of Dollar – Primate Ayodele reveals
The Leader of INRI Evangelical Spiritual Church, Primate Elijah Ayodele, made a prediction on Friday regarding the imminent removal of certain presidents and the onset of revolution across the African continent Primate Ayodele indicated that long-serving presidents and those attempting to pass power to their descendants would face removal during this upheaval. According to a statement from his Media Aide, Oluwatosin Osho, the prophet anticipates citizens rising up against these leaders, leading to widespread discontent. Additionally, Primate Ayodele foresaw a positive shift in the African continent’s economy, signaling a new era on the horizon. According to Ayodele: ‘’The time for…
Read More » -

Nigeria should be giant in development, not only in population – Shehu Sani
Former Kaduna senator and social critic, Shehu Sani, emphasized that Nigeria should aspire to be the leading force not just in population but across all economic sectors. He articulated this viewpoint during the sidelines of the Inaugural Memorial Lecture of Prince Emeka Obasi, the late Publisher of Business Hallmark, titled: ‘If this Giant Must Walk; Manifesto for a New Nigeria’. Sani, who previously represented Kaduna Central in the 8th National Assembly and chaired the Senate Committee on Local and Foreign Debts, expressed that Nigeria still has progress to make to reach its full potential. “We are a nation of 220…
Read More » -

It’s not an offence to be in possession of sex enhancing drugs- Delta police spokesperson, Bright Edafe
SP Bright Edafe, the spokesperson for the Delta State Police Command, has clarified that possessing sex-enhancing drugs is not considered an offense. He reiterated the need for citizens to know their rights
Read More » -

Lagos-Calabar coastal project: I firmly reject these unfounded accusations aimed at tarnishing my character and I refuse to be reduced to the level of those who wallow in ethnic politics – Peter Obi fires back at Umahi
Peter Obi, former presidential candidate of the Labour Party, has rejected accusations made by Minister of Works Dave Umahi, that he was instigating Igbo people against the federal government during an event regarding compensation for property owners affected by the Lagos-Calabar coastal road project. asserting they were groundless attempts to smear his reputation. Obi emphasized his commitment to unity and progress, distancing himself from divisive politics. He reiterated his stance on prudent resource management. According to him; “Regarding allegations of incitement against the government, I firmly reject these unfounded accusations aimed at tarnishing my character. “My focus is on fostering…
Read More » -

Property owners on Lagos-Calabar road affected by demolition to get N2.75b compensation – FG
Property owners affected by the demolition exercise carried out to give the right of way to the Lagos-Calabar Coaster Highway are to get N2.75 billion compensation from the Federal Government. Works Minister, Dave Umahi disclosed this yesterday, May 1, while unveiling the new design routes for the 700-kilometre project in Lagos, According to the Minister, the first batch of property owners affected by the construction got compensated at the ceremony organised by the Federal Ministry of Works. The highway is designed to connect Lagos to Cross River, passing through the coastal states of Ogun, Ondo, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers and Akwa…
Read More » -

Man arrested for marrying off his underage daughter in Anambra state
The government of Anambra State has apprehended Uzochukwu Okoli for arranging the marriage of his underage daughter. Okoli’s arrest followed a report by his daughter to the State Ministry of Women and Social Welfare, alleging mistreatment by her father and the man he compelled her to marry. The daughter, Chioma Okoli, presently 16 years old, disclosed that after her mother’s demise, her father relocated her and her sister from Edo state to Anambra. She recounted being coerced into living with a 70-plus-year-old man at 14 years old, before returning to her father’s house, only to be married off to a…
Read More » -

This threat from social media is both global and local and presents an immediate national security priority – NSA, Nuhu Ribadu
Nuhu Ribadu, the National Security Adviser, has emphasized that the menace posed by social media has now become an urgent national security concern. Addressing a gathering of spokespersons from various organizations affiliated with the Strategic Communication Interagency Policy Committee, Ribadu underscored that the adverse use of social media now presents both local and global security challenges. Ribadu further disclosed that the National Security Strategy (NSS) underwent its last review in 2015, prompting the launch of the 2019 edition, which is currently undergoing reassessment. He instructed media managers within defense, security, and emergency response agencies to revise their strategies for engaging…
Read More » -

The Minister of Power, Mr Adebayo Adelabu has failed to address the question of the illegality of the tariffs, has failed Nigerians – Femi Falana
Human rights lawyer Femi Falana has denounced Minister of Power Adebayo Adelabu for “failing to provide a consistent electricity supply despite escalating tariffs.” The National Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) recently raised the tariff for Band A customers from N68/KWh to N225/KWh. Additionally, NERC specified that Band A customers should expect 20-24 hours of electricity daily, Band B subscribers should receive 16-20 hours, and Band C recipients should have 12-16 hours daily. However, Falana criticized this power policy as “illegitimate tariff increases,” asserting that the Federal Government and Adelabu cannot justify the tariff hike. He said; “The Minister of Power, Mr…
Read More »