
Woman Tearfully Recounts Alleged Rape Inside Lagos Apartment, Shares Threat Messages From Suspect
Nigerians on social media are demanding urgent justice following a disturbing video shared by a young woman in Lagos. The victim narrated how she was allegedly raped inside her own apartment on Sunday morning, February 15.
The viral video shows the visibly traumatized woman explaining that the incident occurred after she returned home. She noted that she struggles with insomnia and had consumed alcohol to help her finally rest.
“I got home yesterday, in my apartment, February 15th, in the morning. I have insomnia — if I’m not drunk or high, I can’t sleep,” she said. She also shared threatening messages she claimed were sent by the attacker.
After falling asleep in the early morning hours, she was eventually awoken by persistent knocks on her door. She initially assumed it was a neighbor since most people in the building had already left for the day.
“It was Sunday morning. Most of my neighbours would have gone to church, so I thought maybe someone needed something,” she explained. Upon opening the door, she says a man forcefully pushed his way inside.
The victim alleged that she hit her head during the intrusion and briefly lost consciousness. “I hit my head and passed out. When I opened my eyes, there was a man over me. There was a cloth in my mouth, tied. I was just mumbling, hoping somebody could hear me,” she narrated.
She stated that the attack lasted for several minutes while she struggled helplessly in the quiet building. Public outcry continues to grow as citizens call on the police to identify and arrest the suspect.
“Most people had gone to church. Even neighbours close to me were not around. After about 20 minutes, I realised there was nothing I could do,” she said, adding that she later noticed she was bleeding.
The woman stated that she did not initially recognise the attacker but later began receiving disturbing messages from a person she believes to be responsible for the assault.
Screenshots of the messages shared by the victim show the suspected attacker allegedly admitting to planning the encounter and boasting about tracking her movements.
In one of the messages, the suspect allegedly wrote, “I’m sure you don’t know me… even if you remember my face because we have met twice and you kept ignoring me.”
The sender further claimed he had gone to extreme lengths to get her attention, stating, “The second time I had to pay boys to stop bikes from entering that side so you would wait and talk to me but you kept distancing yourself.”
The suspect also allegedly threatened the victim, boasting about his family’s influence and financial power, writing, “My father has the money to bury the case right before it gets to court, so don’t bother.”
In another disturbing part of the message, the sender allegedly mocked the victim’s financial condition and warned her against seeking justice, saying, “You can’t find me and you don’t even have the money… you are feeding from hand to mouth, so keep the little money to feed.”
The messages further suggested the suspect had tracked her location over time, claiming, “You don’t know how much I spent to find your location.”
The alleged statements have sparked widespread outrage online, with Nigerians condemning what many described as brazen intimidation and an apparent attempt to silence the victim.
Many social media users called on security agencies to urgently identify and arrest the suspect, stressing that threats referencing wealth or influence must not obstruct justice.




